Release information 4.33.0 (October 14, 2020)
- ARRL SS, ARRL 160, ARRL FD : PE (Prince Edward Island) section added. Tnx W1NN.
- MicroHAM MKIII interface added. Tnx G0HSA, OM7ZZ.
- When a file error occurs when saving DX-cluster data, the user can now Cancel to abort further writing attempts. Tnx DL5MLO.
- Exchanges Databases (.DTB files) : Defensive coding to attempt to prevent at best against crashes under some circumstances with badly-formatted or corrupted databases files. Tnx OK1DSZ @ OK4C.
- AGCW-DTC : 2 points Club stations list updated. Tnx DL6RAI.
- WAG : The Exchanges file (WAG_DL.DTB) wasn't correctly loaded for DL entrants. Tnx DL4NAC and DL6RAI.
- All Asian DX contest : Cabrillo CONTEST: line text fixed. Tnx VA2EW.
Release information 4.32.0 (September 1, 2020)
- YO DX HF : Contest rules updated (160m added + points for /MM stations).
- WAE DX side : QTC line numbers displayed for easy retrieval in case of repeat request.
- All reports dialogs can now be vertically resized to display more or less list rows. The window placements are also globally saved.
- File / Update Exch Database : A confirmation dialog is now displayed and a backup of the current DTB file is done, before proceeding.
- New Check Partial search processing for VHF+ logs :
- In VHF+ contests logs, you can now enter a partial callsign (in the callsign field) and/or a partial locator / grid (in the grid square field) to refine searches in the Check Partial wnd (F12).
- The minimum number of chars to start the search for the callsign field is set by the contextual menu (3 by default), and set to 2 characters for the locator.
- Finally, in both fields you can also use wildcards characters '?' to represent a character. Ex: "JN?8EQ" will search for all callsigns with locator JN08EQ, JN18EQ, JN28EQ, ... JN98EQ.
- Inspired by DL2NBU DOS software. Tnx DL6RAI.
- callsign.pat updated. Tnx DL6RAI.
- RDAC : RDA.DAT (district list) updated.
- The audio record button is now disabled when recorded audio is playing.
- IOTA Mixed : Summary columns weren't consistent with the rest of them, and created a bug when used with Unipost (cqcontest.net). Tnx DL6RAI.
- When the same callsign was spotted on both sides of a sub-band limit (so, it was considered spotted in both modes), Ctrl-Up/Down kept grabbing these two callsigns alternately. Tnx F5UTN @ TM0HQ.
- ARI Sezioni : Rules and mult list updated. Tnx IV3IYH. Mult List : http://download.win-test.com/databases/ARISEC.DAT
- EU HF Championship : The content of the EU_HF.DTB database was ignored. Tnx EW2AA.
- MMC HF wasn't showing up in the contests of the month in July. Tnx DL6RAI.
- LCR review added for ARRL 160, NA Sprint, ARRL Sweepstakes. Tnx N6TV.
- Elecraft K4 added. Tnx N6TV.
Release information 4.31.0 (June 28, 2020)
- Lua API version string is 1.5.0
- Lua : wtApp:PostMessage, wtApp:SendMessage and wtApp:GetLastError added. Tnx F6BEE for inspiration. See description and syntax in http://download.win-test.com/v4/lua/LuaApiDoc.txt
- ARRL FD : Covid-19 rule exception : Class D stations may work all other Field Day stations, including other Class D stations, for points. Tnx K6ZB.
- Log Checking Report (LCR) review added in the Tools / Check log menu. For now, only the following LCR are processed :
- CQWW DX
- CQWW WPX
- ARRL DX
- ARRL 10m
- IARU HF
- EU HF
- REF HF
- VHF+ contests if adjudicated with LX
- Mainly, because these LCR are public, or because I had one ;-). Any textual (or html) LCR can theorically be implemented, as long as I have access to a sample.
- For various reasons, sometimes the "Download LCR" may not work. In that case, try to download the LCR with your browser and save it in a convenient location (the log directory is the best choice). You can "attach" it to your log by using the "Save" button in the report dialog.
- Dx-Cluster window (Alt-T) : Number of Macros increased to 8. Tnx PA2A.
- Dx-Cluster macro editor : Window enlarged, and the edit field now wraps to improve readibility. Tnx PA2A.
- The merge dialog now displays "compact paths".
- NRAU Baltic mults list updated. Tnx LB3RE.
- Review of the exchanges databases files to prevent mixing different exchanges between contests. Also, if a contest uses only a part of a database file, the rest is kept untouched if the database is updated with Win-Test.
- Depending on the contest and, if it applies, whose side you're on (DX side or domestic), the callsigns from the master file (namely MASTER.SCP/DTA or .DTB/SCP) are filtered to display only relevant results in the Check Partial and N+1 windows.
- The master file in use can now be directly updated from the Internet (like the CTY files) by using the Options / Data files / Master file menu, or by using the "Used File list" item in the contextual menu of the Check Partial or N+1 windows.
- Note : The recommended default master file to use is MASTER.SCP, maintained by Stu K6TU (http://http://supercheckpartial.com/).
- Reminder : You can also use contest-specific master files (recommended only for minor national or regional contests) named after the list located at http://download.win-test.com/files/checkPartial/%23_READ_ME_%23.TXT These files do not replace the default master file, but complement it at runtime.
- In the contest settings dialog, contests no longer taking place have been removed from the list.
- New REBOOT (or RESTARTPC) text command added. It closes the current log and restarts the host PC. Tnx F8CRH, F6BEE.
- When the exchanges database is updated, a notification message is displayed at the bottom of log. Tnx DL6RAI.
Release information 4.30.0 (Jan 16, 2020)
- If the backup volume was unmounted, disabling the next backups was failing. Tnx F6HJO. (Task #388)
- Under some specific circumstances, the Single-Op Assisted category wasn't taken into account when importing such a Cabrillo file. Tnx TO1A.
- With multi monitors systems and under some specific circumstances, choosing colors with mouse was impossible. Tnx KL0R.
- The headers row was always included in the CSV output file, whatever the setting was. Tnx F5LIW.
- The LCD display of the contest recorder wnd wasn't always properly updated when using a language different from English.
- HA DX contest rules updated. Tnx HA6OI, HA1AG, F5LIW and others.
- UFT contest rules updated. Tnx F6CEL.
- Yaesu FTDX101 added. Tnx RA1ANY, RA3AUU.
- Icom IC-9700 added. Tnx F1ULQ.
- WAEDC : Cabrillo output file upgraded to v3 specs.
- WAEDC DX side : Send QTC dialog (Ctrl-L) now displays the maximum available QTC to send (if any). You can modify the number of QTC to send, or only display the already sent QTC, with F9 (or the "QTC / Show sent" button). F8 allows to modify the recipient callsign.
- QSO and distinct callsigns counts added in the distinct callsigns report when sorted by country.
- "Copy" button added to the log check dialogs, allowing to easily paste reports in a spreadsheet.
Release information 4.29.0 (July 5, 2019)
- When a exception callsign and a prefix were identical in the CTY file, and under some specific circumstances, the DXCC lookup function could fail. Tnx F5LIW.
- FOC Marathon : Stats are now displayed on 3 days. Tnx F5NZY.
- RSGB AFS : Dupe count on 40m was wrong. Tnx G0HSA.
- REF 160m : The total and final score lines weren't displayed in the summary window.
- RTTY : Messages with embedded scripts were hanging Win-Test. Tnx N6TV.
- YU DX Contest rules updated. Tnx F5IN.
- Spot Warnings : When you're spotted, the spot comment, if any, is now displayed.
- RSGB HF contests : District Code for Norwich has been changed from "NR" to "NK". Tnx F1ICS.
- ADIF export : Output fields reordered and STATION_CALLSIGN field added. Tnx YT9TP.
- IARU HF : Cabrillo v3 output file implemented. Fixes also task #384. Tnx OH6XX, N6TV and others.
Release information 4.28.0 (June 15, 2018)
- When no MP3 CODEC were detected, start recording was displaying the MP3 settings dialog in an endless loop. Tnx N6TV.
- ARI Contest : Serial numbers for DX stations have separate numbering per band. Tnx ES5TV.
- Validation controls of the split freq edit field strengthened.
- Single-click actions option added to all windows where it makes sense. Tnx K5WQG, N6TV.
- The callsign "6OX" is accepted despite its exotic syntax.
- CQWW RTTY : DC mult added according to the 2018 rules. Tnx W0YK.
- Internal CW keyer (LPT and serial outputs) : Keying compensation added (0 to 20 ms) in the Interfaces setup dlg. Tnx N6TV.
- Icom IC-7610 added. Tnx N6TV.
- REF contest : Off-time periods dialog removed. Tnx F5LEN.
- CW / RTTY : Work dupes by default. Tnx F6IRA.
Release information 4.27.0 (Jan 4, 2018)
- RAC contest : Despite the rules indicate MIXED (CW + SSB) category only entries, the F10 wnd wasn't correctly scaled when using a single-mode category. Tnx SP5KP.
- Statistics Wnd (Ctrl-F9) : Under some specific circumstances, the log data weren't correctly displayed in the targets tab. Tnx F5LIW.
- Auto-repeat mode was broken (silly me !). Tnx VE2FWW, N6TV, W4DD and many others.
- DARC XMAS : Sprint logic exchange now applicable for this contest. Tnx K3LR and N6TV.
Release information 4.26.0 (Nov 19, 2017)
- When prefixes or callareas are mults, some special callsigns weren't correctly taken into account. Tnx OF100FI/0.
- Status wnd (Alt-J) : Under some specific circumstances, the stations count displayed in the title bar was wrong.
- LZ DX : QSO and DUPES columns were inverted in the summary window in single-mode categories, and CW and SSB culumns were swapped in Mixed category. Tnx W3SE / ZL3TE.
- SAC : Wire-Only overlay category added. Tnx OH1RX.
- CSV and text exports : Serial sent text format is identical to the format used in the log. Tnx F5LIW.
- Gab wnd (Alt-I) : Can be cleared now with a CLEARGAB text command.
Release information (4.25.0) (June 28, 2017)
- VHF+ contest : The ODX was broken under some specific circumstances. Tnx F5HRY/P.
- SPDX Contest : The summary window was broken. Tnx SP5KP, F5LIW and others. (Task #380)
- Asia-Pacific sprint : Win-Test was unabled to write the output Cabrillo file. Tnx UA9YE.
- Some AltGr (Ctrl + Alt) keys were not correctly displayed when defined in the script manager or the DEFINEKEYS command.
- Under some very specific circumstances of networking connection / disconnection and sync enabling / disabling, the log file could be corrupted. Tnx PA2A @ PI4CC.
- Helvetia contest : New rules 2017 implemented. Tnx HB9AMO and others.
- ARI DX : Allowed bands and 10-minute rule adapted to the rules 2017. Tnx IZ1LBG. (Task #379)
- RSGB AFS : 40m added. Tnx G3RTE.
- The displayed bands selection for the Check Callsign (F9), Check DXCC (Alt-M), Check Mult (F10) and Check Zone (Alt-Z) windows is now done in a dialog box instead of menu items. Tnx F5LIW.
- NA Sprint SSB : The Multipliers list is updated and is now similar to the mult list of the CW/RTTY legs . Also, the equivalence is now NA_SPRINT.DAT for all legs, and has been updated on the repository. Tnx KA9FOX.
Release information (4.24.0) (January 20, 2017)
- Under some circumstances, the rotators wnd was flickering.
- NA Sprint CW/RTTY : Multipliers list updated. Tnx N6TV, N6TR. Note : You must update your NA_CW_RTTY_SPRINT.DAT equivalence file if you use it, to get credit for the new mults.
- DXPed HF logs : The country list used is now the DXCC one, not the "CQWW" one.
- FT1000 : VFO-B frequency setting enabled. Tnx DL6RAI.
- FT1000 : When setting a split freq, the filter setting wasn't retained. Tnx DL6RAI.
- Typo in a menu item. Tnx DL6RAI.
- When a callsign was grabbed, the realtime slot of the partners windows were not updated.
- Cabrillo : The alternate frequency option wasn't working for multi-ops logs.
- Under some OS display settings, the Alt-F dialog was truncated. Tnx HA3LN.
- After editing logged QSO, the Alt-J QSY timers were not always accurate.
- New network protocol version 1.30 released. Reminder: If you use WT in a networked environment, you must have the same WT version on all machines!
- Lua API version string is 1.4.0
- To make the 3830scores.com reporting easier, the summary columns of the mixed mode contests are reordered.
- DXPed logs (HF and VHF) : The reports entry fields ignore keys which are not digits. Tnx DL6RAI.
- Summary wnd (Alt-S) : Displayed bands can be selected. This selection is in sync with the Check Callsign (F9), the Check DXCC (Alt-M), the Check Mult (F10) and the Check Zone (Alt-Z) windows. Note: It's only a display selection to save space : You can still QSY and enter Q on the hidden bands. And all bands are taken into account in the summary totals.
- 60m band added for the DXPed HF logs. NOTES:
- 1) Considering the various freq allocations depending on the country, a minimal band plan has been implemented in the Default band plan. You can modify it, according to your needs. Your custom band plans (if any) must be updated as well.
- 2) DXPed log files containing 60m QSO can't be read with previous versions of Win-Test.
- Tnx DL6RAI for testing.
- NAQP : Mult list and various other things updated according to the new rules. Tnx KL9A.
- ARRL 10m contest : Following the new rules, the multiplier "DF" is changed to "CMX". Tnx N6TV, N5KO.
- Lua : wtQso:GetData API : Gridsquare added in the table returned. Tnx N6TV.
- If a station type is sticked, its type is checked against the rules of a newly created contest file, and can be forced to the default Run type if needed. Tnx N6KI and N6TV.
Release information (4.23.0) (October 21, 2016)
- WAG DX side : The NM exchange (Non Member) was considered as a N multiplier.
- Alt-F4 : The the CAT activity has now decreased , and the function was broken for mixed-mode logs. Tnx N6TV.
- Entering any text command in Secondary Radio Window moved it to the wrong band. Tnx N6TV. (Task #370/373)
- WAE : Under some circumstances, the log and QTC backup files were corrupted. Tnx F5LIW.
- VHF+ contests : When a gridsquare of a logged QSO was modified, the points weren't correctly computed on the other networked computers, leading to a score difference between them. Tnx DL8AAU.
- Under some circumstances of simultaneous log openings on different machines in a network, Win-Test could crash. Tnx W9PA @ K3LR.
- Split Freq dlg : Now accepts offsets from the current frequency. E.g.: If your freq is 7020 and you enter +1.1, the split freq will be adjusted to 7021.1. Negative values (-1.1 for ex.) also work.
- UK/EI DX contest added. Tnx SQ8N.
- Secondary Radio wnd : Columns headings added. The color can be adjusted with the Colors (contextual) menu. Tnx N6TV.
- Radios : FT891, FTDX1200, FTDX3000 and FTDX5000 added. Tnx N6TV.
- WAE Phone : DX side : The INS and CR keys and buttons are now enabled in the transmit QTC dialog. The CR button tags the current QTC as sent. The INS button does the same, and makes the next QTC as the current one. It clearly makes the QTC transmission much easier to follow. Tnx F1HAR.
Release information (4.22.0) (August 26, 2016)
- WAEDC : DX side CW / SSB : The potential QTC weren't displayed in the radio wnd (bandmap or list) despite the option was checked.
- WAEDC : The left and right arrows now work correctly in the dialog to chose the number of QTC to send.
- QTC transmit dlg : The active QTC wasn't correctly highlighted when using the Ctrl-Fx buttons.
- The default Check Partial / N + 1 file for VHF contests was HF.DTB instead of VHF.DTB. Tnx DK5KMA.
- When 4.20 and 4.21 were on the same LAN (not recommended), with sync enabled, 4.21 was hanging. Tnx N6TV.
- IARU HF : If an HQ was only 2 characters long, it was ignored.
- WAE CW : DX side : The CW speed used when sending the QTC is now preserved between sessions, and the Rate wnd is updated accordingly. No need to juggle with Alt-F9/F10 anymore.
- Callsign Wnd (F9) : Tooltip more readable.
- New behaviour of the $NEXT variable in the QTC transmit messages to make life much easier (and less confusing) for the DX stations in the WAEDC CW contest.
- $NEXT must be the first variable in the Ins message. The default message is now: $NEXT $DONE $TIME $CALLSIGN $SERIAL
- Update your current message if it is not up to date
- When $NEXT is executed, the active QTC jumps to the next one ONLY if the current QTC has been already sent.
- With this new behaviour, the usual QTC transmission sequence is now:
- Ctrl-L / Enter (or 1 to 9) to chose the number of QTC to send (usually 10).
- After the QTC dlg shows up, exchange the QRV? and the QTC series number with the recipient.
- From now, hit Ins for every QTC to send, one after the other.
- If the recepient requests a full resend of the QTC just sent, use CR. If he requests an individual field, use the appropriate Fx key or button. If the QTC is ack'ed, use Ins to send the next one.
- When all QTC of the series have been sent (and acknowledged), use Ins one last time (or Plus) to thank and save the QTC series.
- In these conditions, you normally shouldn't need to use the Up/Down arrows anymore unless exceptional circumstances.
- CW and RTTY : New $RAWSERIAL variable. Sends the serial number of the QSO with leading zeros and without any abbreviation. Now used in the default F3 msg (if it applies) to repeat the serial in a more traditional way. It also works in the QTC messages.
- Script manager dialog : Ctrl + Double click on a script brings up the properties dialog.
- IOTA contest
- If the IOTA ref is pre-filled from the callsign field content, the new IOTA warning is now displayed if applicable. Tnx F5LIW.
- EXPERIMENTAL : Separate numbering for Multi-One and Multi-Two categories : The RUN or RUN1 stations use a sequence of odd numbers (starting at 1), and the MULT or RUN2 stations use a sequence of even numbers (starting at 2).
- Multi-Two category added. Tnx G3WVG.
- The WAE entities list is now used to prefill the island reference more accurately (ex GM/s stations). Tnx N6TV.
- The DVK bargraph can now be horizontal (default) or vertical.
- Internal DVK : The first and last 100 ms of the messages are now truncated to prevent the keys and mouse clicks to be heard. Tnx SM5AJV and N6TV.
- RTTY shortcuts buttons are now a bit thicker to accommodate older eyes. Tnx SP5GRM.
- Additional CW and RTTY variables :
- $LOC4 and $GRID4 are equivalent to $GRIDFIELD.
- $LOC6 and $GRID6 are equivalent to $GRIDSQUARE or $LOCATOR.
Release information (4.21.0) (June 27, 2016)
- The CW "No sound" menu item state wasn't consistent with the CW sound status.
- The check mark on Options / Disable Log Sync wasn't consistent when no log was opened.
- The station name displayed in the network error dlg when several masters were on the same LAN wasn't correct.
- Gridsquares map window (Alt-L) : Mouse wheel actions were broken since version 4.7.0 !
- Stew Perry contest was using VHF.DTB instead of DEFAULT.SCP. Tnx N6TV. (Task #184).
- Serial communications : Under some circumstances, especially with some USB drivers under Windows 10, the inbound stream was not correctly processed. Tnx Jan @ remoterig.com
- Voice keyer (DVK) : Under some circumstances, some audio output devices may miss in the Interfaces settings dialog.
- French Championship : QSO wih FT entities are now credited with 15 pts instead of 6. Tnx F4SGU.
- Remote dlg : The text command is now limited to 13 chars, to comply with the log entry field. Tnx N6TV. (Task #368)
- Lua API version string is 1.3.0
- IARU HF : Duplicate HQ abbreviations are now managed. (Task #350)
- The login / logout protocols can be now disabled as the other ones in the advanced network settings.
- Log Sync : Better overall performance. Tnx DJ7TO, DL5MLO and the DA0HQ team.
- Cabrillo Options : New options similar to the File / Clean file options, but the QSO exclusions (or editions) are *only* temporary for the Cabrillo file output.
- ADIF Options : QSO range added.
- Mult Wnd (Alt-M) : The "hide clean sweeps" and "hide never worked" options are maintained during the text / SYLK copy. Tnx ES5TV.
- Tune dlg : For safety, added a 30-second timeout to automatically stop tuning no matter what.
- Stew Perry Challenge : Added for March, June and October.
- Lua : wtQso:GetData API : stnName and stnFlags added in the table returned. Tnx N6TV.
- CW Auto Send : Updated to allow its use when both radios are in RUN mode. Tnx SM5AJV, N6TV.
- Lua : wtApp:TextCommand updated to add strStation and nNotificationID arguments. Tnx N6TV.
- Standard and additional messages : New import / export features. Tnx N6TV.
- Clean log dlg : New option to remove 0 points QSO from the log. Tnx K3LR, N6TV.
- Radios : IC-7300 added. Tnx N6TV.
- CQ WPX RTTY : M/S entrants are now allowed to 10 band changes. Tnx EC1KR.
Release information (4.20.0) (January 17, 2016)
- ARRL 10m : Tools / Check Bad Exchanges was broken.
- Under some circumstances, the default contest log names were broken.
- ARRL SS : Correct label for the sections field.
- Radios : IC-7600, IC-7800, IC-7850, IC-7851 : New code for a better management of these radios. It requires the latest firmwares. Tnx N6TV, K3LR, K9LA (Icom America), ICOM France, HRO Sunnyvale (CA), AA6W and K6SSJ.
- Radios : FT-991 added. Tnx N6TV, SP5IOU.
- Radio Wnd : New option to enable / disable the RIT display, when applicable. Tnx F5LIW, K3LR.
- PACC contest : Rules 2016. Dutch provinces (for non-PA) and DXCC and call areas (for PA) now count as mult per band and per mode when taking part in Mixed category. Tnx PA5M.
- French Championship : Rules 2016 applied. Tnx F5LEN.
- Radio Wnd : Ctrl-Up / Ctrl-Down in the list view doesn't lose cursor when a Q is entered. Tnx K5KG. (Task #364).
- LZ DX Contest : New rules 2015 for LZ stations applied. The only limitation is the 10-min rule for the M/S station, which is always applied for band *or mode* change, independently of the status of the station (RUN or MULT). Tnx LZ2CJ.
- ARRL SS : Default CW msgs updated. Tnx W2GD, N6TV.
- ARRL SS : Added new message variable $PREC (precedence) for the ARRL Sweepstakes, automatically determined from entry class and power level. Tnx N6TV.
- Log check reports : QSO with own callsign are now ignored. Tnx FY5KE.
- Status wnd (Alt-J) : X-min rule timers now ignore QSO with own callsign. Tnx FY5KE.
- Check country wnd (F10) : QSO with own callsign are now ignored. Tnx FY5KE.
Release information (4.19.0) (October 15, 2015)
- SAC contest : This contest wasn't displayed in October if the "This month only" checkbox was enabled despite the SSB leg takes place in October. Tnx F5LIW.
- Rate Wnd (Alt-R). Various QSO rate statistics were wrong. Tnx CT1BOH.
- FT1000 : The TRX was switched to RTTY-USB for high bands instead of RTTY-LSB. Tnx DL6RAI @ P49V.
- CAUTION: New network protocol version 1.29 released. Reminder: If you use WT in a networked environment, you must have the same WT version on all machines!
- Status Wnd (Alt-J) : Best effort to display the TX freq of the radios. Radio brand and model dependent. Tnx N6TV. Note : Icom users will need the latest Icom firmware, and the latest OmniRig rig definition files (check the N6TV files) to get chances to see VFO B displayed for Icom radios, especially if they want to use split mode.
- Experimental : VHF+ spots : When the comment is using the "Locator<Prop>Locator" format, the second locator is now considered as the DX locator. Tnx G3ZAY, F5HRY.
- Radio Wnd : Spot mode (according to the used band plan) added in the tooltip text.
Release information (4.18.0) (September 25, 2015)
- NA Sprint : Tools / Check log / Search for possible bad exchanges was broken. Tnx N6TV.
- Rate Wnd (Alt-R). Various QSO and Mult statistics were wrong. Tnx CT1BOH.
- REG1TEST : The mode code is now output in the QSO records. It can be optionally omitted for contests where the mode is not stated in the rules, in accordance to the REG1TEST format specifications.
- WAEDC : The 10-min violations check was performed on the RUN and MULT stations, while this rule only applies to the RUN stations. Tnx DL1EKC.
- Partial (F12) and NP1 (F8) windows : While modifying an already entered QSO, the callsign of the original QSO wasn't correctly ignored during the searches. Tnx FY5FY.
- WAE : Receiving QTC : If the callsign of the QTC sender was modified, and the receiving dialog was cancelled, the modification remained.
- The Win-Test version number is no more extracted from the language file DLL, but rather from the exe itself, to get the correct string when having mutiple Win-Test versions in the same directory. Tnx F5TTU, F6BGC.
- When used in a network environment, a QSO entered on the secondary radio had a wrong serial number on the other machines of the network. Tnx DL5AOJ.
- Radio wnd : Under some circumstances, when your own callsign was entered in the bandmap (Ctrl-Enter), it was displayed as a new mult. Tnx TM0HQ.
- The action on Options / Disable Log Sync wasn't consistent when no log was opened.
- Toolbar : The tooltip text for the summary icon was missing since the very first version of Win-Test ! ;-)
- Bugfix : Alt-F dlg : Under some circumstances, the QSO op. was not specified.
- WAE : Receive QTC dlg : Received serials are now formatted with leading zeroes if needed. Tnx F5LIW.
- WAE : Receive QTC dlg : Received times with 2 numbers (minutes) are now set to the correct hour according to the received time of the previous QTC. Tnx F5LIW.
- Radios : IC-7100 and IC-7200 added. Tnx N6TV.
- Cabrillo output file (v3) : eMail address tag added.
- Cabrillo output file (v3) : New option to indicate if you wish to receive, if eligible, a paper certificate sent via postal mail by the contest sponsor. The contest sponsor may or may not honor this tag, and if so may or may not use opt-in or opt-out as the default.
- Cabrillo output file : New option to output the "alternate" frequency for split QSO. May be useful if the available CAT data for your radio can't be used to determine accurately the TX freq vs the RX freq.
- Several specific installers lacked the installation of the msflxgrd.ocx library. Tnx F5UPO.
- CW : SOUND/NOSOUND and associated menu items : This option is now always disabled when Win-Test runs under an operating system after Vista included. It means that it will not work for those OS, and *may* work on previous OS, depending on the hardware. In all cases, it is very recommanded to rely on the TRX internal sidetone instead.
- WAEDC : The SAVELOG, COPYLOG commands and the automatic backups now include the QTC files. Tnx GW3SQX @ GW7O.
- ARRL DX, ARRL 10m and ARRL 160m contests : The Cabrillo output files are now compliant with the v3 specs. Tnx F5PHW.
- Edit menu : New item : Apply exchange to every QSO with...(Ctrl-F10) When applicable, it allows to update exchanges of every Q whose the callsign is identical to the callsign of the current Q, with the exchange(s) of this Q.
- Gab Wnd (Alt-I) : New contextual menu item to clear the content of the window.
- Cabrillo file : Win-Test now ensures the operators list is correctly space-delimited.
- The protocol version is now displayed in the Advanced Settings dlg of the network.
- Status Wnd (Alt-J) : When using a multi-op network, you can now send a remote command to a specific station by opening the context menu on this station name and use "Send remote command to XXX...".
- COPYLOG command : Notification added. Tnx TM0HQ.
- Ctrl + PageUp / PageDown now browses the log by 12h steps instead of 24h initially. This makes it usable for 24h long contests.
- Status Wnd (Alt-J) : When using a multi-op network, you can now ping a specific station by opening the context menu on this station name and use "Ping XXX". The Win-Test version, the Master, Bridgehead, Sync indicators and the propagation time are returned in the Gab window (Alt-I). Reminder : You can use the INV (stands for Inventory) text command to get a summary of the complete network.
- Enhanced replies to the inventory command (INV) with a log sync enabled indicator (S vs s).
- IARU HF : Mult wnd (F10) : AC, R1, R2 and R3 labels updated.
- Contest settings dialog : To prevent any side effect (especially with the network), the syntax of the station name is checked, and 'exotic' characters are replaced by an underscore if needed. Tnx F1UVN @ TM0HQ.
- Alt-F dlg : The read-only station name field is now disabled.
Release information (4.17.0) (June 30, 2015)
- The ODX per band were sometimes wrong after band modifications of specific QSO. Tnx F1PKY @ F5KMB.
- IARU 50 MHz (and higher) contests : The PSect field of the output files are now in accordance to the REG1TEST specs. Tnx F2DX, OK2ZI.
- MP3 configuration dialog : Under some circumstances, an error loop could occur. Tnx DL6RAI. (Task #363)
- FT2000 : Under some circumstances, read frequencies were not consistent. Tnx F8DBF, F4DXW.
- For some contests, a QSO entered with your own callsign didn't count 0 points. Tnx N6TV. (Task #362)
- MP3 QSO extract : There was a few seconds offset in the recording.
- SP DX contest : When provinces were displayed with the "all bands" option *and* alphabetically, the "Z" province was missing. Tnx DL6RAI. (Task #360).
- CAUTION: New network protocol version 1.28 released. Reminder: If you use WT in a networked environment, you must have the same WT version on all machines!
- Status Wnd (Alt-J) : New column for the current op. added. Cf OPON/OPOFF or LOGIN/LOGOUT commands or use nicknames. Tnx ES5TV.
- Set QSO freq dlg (Alt-F): Swap main / QSX freq button added.
- Rate Wnd (Alt-R) : When entering in a category where modes can be mixed, the elapsed time between band changes now takes account of modes as well.
- CQ-M contest : To be compliant with the new rules 2015, there is no more multiplier station, even in M/S. Tnx RU3DNN.
- ARI contest : A station can now be set as a MULT station. The 10 min timer in the Alt-J wnd considers band and mode changes. Tnx ES5TV.
- OK OM DX : Win-Test is now adapted to comply to the new SSB rules. To make things easier, the CW leg is kept unchanged ! Read carefully the rules before entering. Tnx ON5GQ.
- Contest recorder : QSO extraction to a mp3 file : The QSO extraction parameters are now (1) the time before the QSO was _STARTED_ (0 sec by default - it means the clip starts at the same time when you listen to the QSO with AltGr-Enter) and (2) the time after the QSO was _ENTERED_ (10 sec by default). Tnx ES5TV.
- ARRL DX and ARRL 10 : When exporting logs in ADIF, the DC "state" is replaced by MD. Tnx F8ATS.
- Lua : wtScript:AssignArgument now takes the strings "true" and "false" as boolean arguments. Numeric values do not require double quotes. Tnx N6TV.
- Script manager : Properties dlg : Now accepts a default argument even if no key is defined for the script. But, in any case, a key or a text command must be defined to allow a default argument. Tnx N6TV.
Release information (4.16.0) (Mar 17, 2015)
- REF HF : FS now does count for a French dept instead of a DXCC entity. The final scores were not affected by this bug. Tnx F4EJL.
- If the default directory at launch time wasn't the app directory, the automatic starts of wtDxTelnet and wtRotators were failing. Tnx F5LIW.
- Ctrl-Del (delete spot from bandmap) was broken. Tnx N6TV. (Task #354)
- Network advanced settings dialog : The last outbound protocol was always enabled, despite its setting. Tnx F1HAR.
- Common prefixes to GM and GM/s were considered as GM even if the WAE list was used. Tnx N6TV. (Task #355)
- Spanish and German translations updated. Tnx EB2RA and DL6RAI.
- LUA : Because of a conflict name with the wtScript class, the wtScript variable (name of the Topmost script) is now replaced with wtRootScript. Tnx N6TV.
- RDXC : R7K - Crimea (RK) and R7R - Sevastopol (SE) added to the mults list. Use the latest CTY_OBL.DAT accordingly. Tnx RU3DNN.
- Lua : wtContest:GetMyCallsign() and wtStatus:GetMyStation() added. Tnx N6TV.
- Registration dialog : The QR codes of the registration URL are enlarged.
- ICOM radios : IC-970, IC-9100 and IC-7850 added. Tnx OK8WW, EA8RM and K3LR.
- ARRL DX (DX side) : To strictly comply with the current rules (section 5.2.2), the PEI multiplier (VY2) is now labelled PE. The STATES.DAT is also accordingly updated on the usual repository http://download.win-test.com/files/equivalence/ .
- NA Sprint : Because of the different multipliers per leg, the equivalence files must now be NA_SSB_SPRINT.DAT and NA_CW_RTTY_SPRINT.DAT. They are available on the usual repository http://download.win-test.com/files/equivalence/ . Tnx KD4D and N6TV.
- NA Sprint : DC and the usual 14 Canadian provinces and territories are now considered as multipliers for the Phone leg (the MAR mult. is no longer used). Tnx KW8N.
- UBA DX : Mult stations are now allowed for Multi-Op (Single TX) entries. Also, the 10-min timer for RUN stations is now displayed in the status window (Alt-J). Tnx RU3DNN.
- NA Sprint : KL stations are now considered as US stations and their state (AK) is now in the states list. KH6 stations are also considered as US stations for the Phone leg, and their state (HI) is now in the states list. During the CW / RTTY legs, KH6 stations are considered as DX stations (not NA). Tnx N6TV.
- ARRL 10m : Mixed mode category forced in the Cabrillo output for the M/S entries.
- Script properties : Tooltip added over the key edit field with the key code and modifiers values. It can help for the wtScript:AssignKeyCode function. Tnx N6TV.
- Scripts manager : Run button added. The selected script is run the same way as if it were run by the assigned key (if any), and with the argument set in the properties dialog (if any). Tnx N6TV.
- Lua : wtScript:AssignFKey and wtScript:AssignKeyCode functions added. Tnx N6TV.
- Script Manager : Error message added when the SciTE or the script editor weren't correctly installed or configured. Tnx DL6RAI.
- New CW and RTTY variables introduced : $GRAB1 to $GRAB9 to grab from the partner stack slots, and $GRABRT1 to GRABRT3 to grab from the partner realtime slots.
Release information (4.15.0) (Nov 22, 2014)
- When a voice message contained several script calls in a row, only one out of two was executed. Tnx N6TV.
- ARRL SS : When a callsign is grabbed, the cursor is now set to the serial field. Tnx AC6T, N6TV. (Task #353)
- When not using advanced SO2R with Shift bound to the secondary radio, Shift-Enter now has no action. Tnx N6TV.
- Partner window: The SUPPORT / NOSUPPORT (or PARTNER / NOPARTNER) commands didn't resize the window properly.
- Partner window context menu: The "Remove" item was enabled for empty slots while it was supposed to be grayed.
- Partner stack: If the same callsign was in two adjacent slots in the Partner stack, only one of them was cleared when the callsign was entered in the log.
- CAUTION: New network protocol version 1.27 released. Reminder: If you use WT in a networked environment, you must have the same WT version on all machines!
- Contest recorder : AltGr+E shortcut added as "Extract and Save QSO". Tnx N6TV.
- LZ-DX contest : 10 min. CQWW DX rule applied to the M/S entrants, but currently limited to the band changes (the mode changes are ignored). Tnx RU3DNN.
- Partner : There are now two different colors for data entered as Run or as Support. Useful when there are several partner positions for one run. Tnx F5HRY@TM0HQ.
Release information (4.14.0) (Oct 19, 2014)
- When several mp3 record files from different stations for a given contest were used, the rewind and forward functions led to a crash. Tnx DL8AAU@DR9A.
- Radio wnd: When using a Windows font size option different from 100%, the VFO displays didn't scale up well. Tnx N6XI, N6TV.
- Lua: An error occurred when calling a script with the double-quote key. Tnx N6TV.
- RDAC: The Tools / Check log / Search for bad exchanges function was not working for the RDAC contest. Tnx SP5KP
- In the Alt-M wnd, when data were ordered by number of worked bands/modes, and never worked mults were hidden, the sweep clean mults were always displayed, despite this option was set or not. Tnx CT1BOH.
- CAUTION: New network protocol version 1.26 released Reminder: If you use WT in a networked environment, you must have the same WT version on all machines!
- New notes file format and network protocol to ease log corrections within Win-Test. Check the new last items of the Tools / Check log menu.
- Partner: New properties dialog to set the various options. By default, the realtime keystrokes network transmission is disabled when switched to the S&P mode. It can be enabled by choice in this properties dialog. Tnx TM0HQ & N6TV.
- IARU HF: A '?' indicator is now displayed when the received exchange is not an ITU zone, AC, R1, R2 or R3, or not composed of letters only.
- New option in Tools / Check log / Search for bad exchanges, to detect exchanges discrepancies in the log only.
- Merge report redesigned: All conflicts are ordered by time and also by station name.
- The Date/Time dialog (Alt-F) now indicates the station who entered the QSO. Not editable. Tnx F8CRH@TM0HQ.
- New Goto Callsign edit menu (Shortcut Shift+Ctrl+G) to set the cursor on a QSO with a given callsign. By default, the callsign of the current QSO is searched. If it is empty (i.e. if the cursor is set to the last (empty) line of the log), a dialog is opened. The search is done backwards.
- New CW option to enable/disable the speed bursts (+/-) without modifying the messages. Text commands are BURSTS / NOBURSTS. Useful to defeat CW skimmers on-demand.
- Interfaces setup dialog: The lists for each COM port are now reordered to comply with the most current needs.
Release information (4.13.0) (Jun 30, 2014)
- REF DDFM 50 MHz contest : Default CW msgs were using $GRIDSQUARE (6-char locator) instead of $GRIDFIELD (4-char locator). Tnx F2DX.
- Gab window (Alt-I) : If the content was scrolled back, a double-click on a line set an incorrect default recipient in the opened Gab/Talk dialog. Tnx F8CRH@F6KRK.
- REF VHF contest : Win-Test was asking for the "departement" in the contest settings dialog (was useless), and the help dialog was inappropriate. Tnx F5HRY.
- CQ-M contest : Contest identifier for the Cabrillo and ADIF output files were misspelled. Tnx RU3RQ. (Task #348).
- WPX : The prefix of VY2MGY/3 now resolved as VY3. Tnx N6TV. (Task #347).
- Bugfix : Lua : wtApp:CallScript(name, arg) was always casting arg to a string. Tnx N6TV.
- EF6 added as a valid exception callsign. Tnx F6FDR.
- Radio windows - List view : In the "Sort by Mult Type" view, the non-mults stations are now sorted by QSO points in descending order. Tnx G3WW.
- Radio windows - List view : New sorting option by QSO points in descending order, irrelevant of mults, added. Tnx G3WW.
- WRTC 2014 and IARU HF : Check multiplier wnd (F10) : New label for HQs "entities" to prevent confusion with DXCC entities. Tnx CT1BOH.
- Log : The column header of the serial sent (if any) is now correctly labeled ("No."). Tnx N6TV.
- Options / Log / Align exchanges : New option to line up received exchanges in mixed mode. Tnx N6TV.
- WRTC 2014 : Worked Mults wnd (Alt-M). The "copy as text" menu item is now enabled. Tnx CT1BOH.
- WRTC 2014 : /MM stations are not counting for DXCC entity, and are credited depending on their ITU zone. Tnx KM3T.
- WRTC 2014 : The country list used is DXCC (not WAE). Tnx KM3T.
- WRTC 2014 : In the contest configuration dialog, the zone is set to 8, the Gridsquare is set to FN42fg and can't be modified.
- The very singular 7QNL (and future 7QAA) callsigns are now accepted. Their prefixes are also resolved as 7Q0. Tnx PA3FYM.
- Lookup function for the DXCC entities resolver refactored to allow easier extension for cases like the newly introduced 4Y1A and C7A,when callsigns are assigned to two entities.
- RTTY : Fields assignments updated for the NCCC Sprint. Tnx AA2MF.
- King Of Spain contest : SMR multiplier added. Tnx EA4TX.
- Marconi HF : New points rules applied. Tnx IK6BAK.
- Lua : In CW, when chaining wtKeyer:Play() instructions, the word space between the string arguments will be omitted if they end with a "~". Example :
- Will omit the word space between string1 and string2 if string1 ends with a "~". Tnx N6TV.
Release information (4.12.0) (February 10, 2014)
- UBA DX : The format of the output cabrillo file didn't stick to the required specs. Tnx ON5GQ.
- DARC 10 : Under some circumstances, the DOK field was cleared while it wasn't necessary. Tnx DJ4MZ.
- Lua : The wtApp:CallScript function was always returning a nil value when used with two parameters. Tnx N6TV.
- The log sync enables / disabled setting was not correctly saved between logs openings. Tnx DK9TN@ED6A.
- DARC 10 : The NM exchange (Non Member) is no more considered as a multiplier. Tnx DJ4MZ.
- Radios : IC-7410 added. Tnx DL6RAI.
- Script Manager : Various UI enhancements and API bugfixes. Tnx N6TV.
- Clear Log : The station type (RUN, MULT, etc.) setting is now preserved when this function is performed. Tnx DK9TN@TK4W.
- Network : Time distribution : A warning now pops up when time sync frames are received, and the Windows user who started Win-Test hasn't enough privilege to modify the system clock. Tnx P40L, N6TV.
- Lua : wtQso:GetData() returned table updated for the specific ARRL Sweepstakes contest. The QSO# received is in the "rstReceived" index, and the Precedence letter is in the "miscInfo2Received" index. Tnx N6TV. (Task #338).
- Mult Window (Alt-M) : New "Hide never worked" option added. Pretty experimental for now, depending on the contest. Tnx CT1BOH.
- Radio windows : The spot selected by a right click is now highlighted to prevent confusion. The highlight color calculation now also works for dark hues. Tnx AD1C@K0RF.
- Stats window : In CQWW DX, the zones / overall display was clipped to the last hour when a new zone was worked.
- Radio windows : Time / Spotter and Comments display options added in the list view. These settings are common to both views. Tnx CT1BOH.
Release information (4.11.0) (October 20, 2013)
- CQWW RTTY : The check log tool for the number of allowed QSY per hour in M/S was broken. Tnx DL9YAJ @ DR5N.
- Frequency offsets weren't always correctly processed, especially on the secondary radio. Tnx DL5AOJ.
- Extra Data files : Depending on the newline character(s) and other various parameters, the displayed data could be incorrect. Tnx IK0HBN, N6TV.
- When a log was entirely entered manually, the date of QSO wasn't correctly set when using the "<" or ">" keys to access and fill the time field. Tnx F5LEN.
- Under some circumstances of startup order and various settings, a "20 days older or newer log" false alert might be triggered. Tnx F6BGC @ TM0HQ.
- RDAC Contest : Exchanges for callsigns ending with /x (x = 0 to 9) are now searched in the database and the log. Tnx SP5KP.
- AGCW HNY : The (optional) AGCW membership number entry field was emptied when it was not supposed to be ! Tnx DJ0ZY.
- Displayed ODX inconstancy under some circumstances when a QSO was deleted. Tnx DL6RAI.
- RAEM : The coordinates entry field was emptied when it was not supposed to be ! Tnx DJ0ZY.
- When using the GOTO function by entering a QSO number and Ctrl-G, the pattern analyser warning message (if any) is now cleared.
- The modifications entered into the Freq Offsets dialog are now taken into account immediately. No need to reload the current log. Tnx YL2GD.
- When using a K3, changing band by entering its wavelength was sometimes setting the wrong LSB/USB mode. Tnx M0VFC (Task #326)
- Under some circumstances, a random character could be entered in the Info field in a DXPed log, when using the Up/Down arrows in this field.
- Networking : Sockets initializations updated to comply with the usage of Win-Test in a Linux / Wine environment. The wtCom.dll must be updated (v2.0.4 or better) as well for this usage if needed. Tnx AA6KJ.
- output : Addition of the CREATED_TIMESTAMP field in the header, and the CONTEST_ID field in every QSO record, when applicable.
- Export : The ADIF country code is now added to the QSO record. Requires using the latest CTY_WT.DAT or CTY_WT_MOD.DAT country files (02 August 2013 or later). Tnx AD1C.
- CQWW DX Contest
- The overlay "Classic" category has been added in the contest configuration dialog. It only adds the appropriate line in the Cabrillo output file.
- The overlay category Xtreme is added in the contest configuration dialog, and in the Cabrillo file output as well. Tnx KL1A.
- WAE Contest
- The special calculation for the creation of the offtime section in the Cabrillo file has been removed, being now obsolete. Tnx DL6RAI.
- Offtime threshold is now set to one hour.
- wtQso:GetData() function added. Returns a table with fields of the current Qso. The current available keys are "time", "band", "mode", "freq", "callsign", "rstSent", "serialSent", "rstReceived", "exchReceived", "miscInfoReceived", "miscInfo2Received".
- wtApp:GetLogFileName() and wtApp:GetIniFileName() functions added. Tnx N6TV.
- UFT contest : Win-Test is now adapted to the new rules 2013. Tnx F6CEL.
- YU DX contest : Totally rewritten because of the new rules 2013 (see http://yudx.yu1srs.org.rs/2013/rules.html). Tnx YU0W and F5IN.
- SPDX Contest : The "12 band or mode changes per one clock hour" rule is now implemented. A simultaneous change of band *and* mode (Ex: 80m CW -> 40m SSB) counts as 2 changes. Tnx SQ2GXO.
- New Tools / Data entry / Priority / Callsign option to ignore any freq or band changes when entering digits only in the callsign field. Tnx P40L, N6TV.
- RAC Winter and Canada Day Contests : The 10-minute rule for the multi-single entrants is now implemented. Tnx VE3JM and N6TV.
- Russian 160 meter : New rules implemented. http://www.radio.ru/cq/contest/rule-results/index2012.shtml. Tnx RZ3DX.
- QR Code added in the registration dialog to help mobile phones users.
Release information (4.10.0) (October 23, 2012)
- YO DX Contest : The child and log windows are now compliant with the chosen mode category (CW, SSB or MIXED). Previously, the mixed mode only was assumed.
- NAQP : The K8 mark for "zones window" (Alt-Z) was labeled K81 instead. Tnx NX5M.
- Text and CSV files options dialogs : The Del key was acting as "Remove all" instead of "Remove". Reminder : Shift-Del acts now as "Remove all", Del acts as "Remove", Shift-Ins acts as "Add all" and Ins acts as "Add". Tnx TM0HQ.
- In the logfile fixing process, the backuped file had a wrong file extension (it was always .wtb). Tnx TM0HQ.
- Status wnd (Alt-J) : Not always correctly ordered when sorted by freq/name. Tnx TM0HQ.
- CQ VHF and CQ 160 : ARRL Section added in the Cabrillo output file for US/VE entrants (Task #323). Tnx W9ZRX & N6TV.
- FT1000(D) : The IF filter setting is retained per mode when grabbing a spot. Tnx DL6FBL @ DR1A.
- Under some concurrency circumstances in a multi-op environment, Win-Test could crash when deleting or modifying spots in the Alt-A or the radio wnds (Task #318). Tnx N6TV.
- ARRL Sweepstakes, ARRL FD and ARRL 160 meter contests : ARRL/RAC sections list updated to comply with the four new RAC administrative sections (ONN, ONS, ONE, GTA), replacing the split Ontario Section. (Task #321)
- Auto CQ : New option in the appropriate dialog to halt the auto CQ with the Esc key only. Equivalent text commands are RPTESCONLY and NORPTESCONLY. Tnx N6TV.
- ARI Sezioni: Cabrillo output compliant with rules 2012. Tnx I2WIJ.
- ARI DX : Cabrillo output compliant with rules 2012. Tnx I2WIJ.
- IOTA : New rules 2012 implemented :
- For multi-op (island) stations, display of Band/Mode changes in the rate window (Alt-R).
- Cabrillo file : QSO lines now include RUN or MULT identifiers.
- The score for World to World QSOs is reduced from 3 points to 2 points.
- Island Stations now receive 5 points for World Station QSOs.
- Island Stations now receive also 5 points when working their own Island.
- RDXC : Oblasts window (Alt-Z) updated following the new list 2012. Tnx HA1AG, SP5KP, F5IN.
- Check partial (F12) and NP1 (F8) wnds : The [UNIQUE] word has now its own background and text colors to draw the attention of the operator. Tnx CT1BOH.
- JIDX : Cabrillo file : QSO lines format updated to comply with the new format specifications for the multi-op category. (See task #317). Tnx N6TV.
Release information (4.9.1) (October 27, 2011)
- Fix an issue with missing resources which might make WT to crash.
Release information (4.9.0) (October 26, 2011)
- Problem in Spanish language file fixed. Tks N6TV.
- The exceptions callsigns of the CTY*.DAT files were wrongly parsed when operated from another DXCC entity (ex. W6HGF/KH0). Tnx JE2UFF.
- During a Cabrillo import, if the format of the QSO line wasn't correct, the error message was off one on the QSO number. Tnx W6IZT.
- IARU HF contest : The mode entry was empty in the output Cabrillo file for multi-op categories. It is now set to mixed. Tnx F1HAR @ TM0HQ.
- The Kenwood radio protocol was broken when sending CAT commands with frequencies above the 3420 MHz band. Tnx W8ZN.
- Task #310 : IARU HF contest : For US/VE stations, the ARRL section is now required, instead of the state or the province. Tnx N6TV.
- Entering your own callsign in the bandmap (Ctrl-Enter) was displaying a "spotted by..." alert. Tnx F5JSD @ TM0HQ.
- When a new file is created, the usage of a network drive is checked and strongly discouraged to prevent log inconstancy. Tnx VK8DX @ 4W6A
- WAEDC : Time shift can now be applied to the QTC. Tnx DL8RDL.
- NCCC Sprint : New rule 2011 : 15m QSO are now permitted. (See task #312). Tnx N6TV.
Release information (4.8.0) (June 26, 2011)
- Task #308 : JIDX : 160m QSO points counted 1 pt instead of 4. Tnx N6KI and N6TV.
- Under some circumstances, DXped audio recordings were not correctly tagged, the file information dialog was incomplete, and the QSO playbacks failed. Tnx VE3EY @ TO3A.
- ADIF : PROGRAMID and PROGRAMVERSION fields added in the file header.Tnx IZ8MBW.
- LPT Interface : 50 MHz, 144 MHz and 432 (440) MHz band data outputs added. Tnx W8ZN and N6TV.
- Callsign check rules : The pathetic 9HOHSJ callsign is now added as an exception (like RAEM, JY1 and TX9). Tnx OH2OT, F5HRY.
- PACC contest : New rule 2011 : QSO are now allowed in each mode for mixed categories. Tnx PA2A.
- RSGB 160m contest : Single-mode CW-only restriction removed to comply with the new rules 2011. QSO and bonuses are now allowed for each mode. Tnx G3XSV.
- NAQP : Cabrillo output : The DXCC prefix is now indicated instead of "DX" for North American stations outside of K/VE. Tnx WA7BNM.
- DARC XMas contest : New rules 2010 : "NM" is allowed as a exchange from the German stations, but is no more credited as a mult. Tnx DJ3WE.
- DX Spots window (Alt-A) : New option to enable/disable logging of the incoming spots in the .dxc file. It is enabled by default. Under some circumstances (slow antivirus inspection, slow HDD, etc.), saving every spot (especially when using the RBN) was making Win-Test less responsive. The op-entered spots are always saved to allow their restoration on log startup. Tnx HA1AG @ ED9M.
- Packet window (Alt-O) : New option to enable/disable logging of the packet stream in the .pkt file. It is enabled by default. Under some circumstances (slow antivirus inspection, slow HDD, etc.), saving the packet data stream (especially when using the RBN) was making Win-Test less responsive. Tnx HA1AG @ ED9M.
Release information (4.7.0) (December 2, 2010)
- Task #300 : WAEDC RTTY : The sent QTC group number was not taken into acount by the other connected machines, and therefore the QTC numbering was garbled in M/* environment. Tnx DL6RAI.
- Task #266 : WAEDC RTTY : No *New Mult* warning. Tnx DL6RAI.
- WAEDC : Number of QTC to send dialog : Even if some buttons were disabled, their associated "number keys" were still active.
- WAEDC : Sending QTC dialog (Ctrl-L) : In "show" context, and if messages were sent under some circumstances, Win-Test could crash. Tnx IW1QN.
- WAEDC : Under some circumstances, sent QTC were not always correctly saved.
- WAEDC : When the number of QTC to be sent is 0 (no more QTC available), all "number keys" and Enter are now ignored in the appropriate dialog.
- Task #298 : Spacebar key didn't always work properly in the ARRL Sweepstakes contest. Tnx N6TV.
- Task #297 : Double-click on Check Multipliers window (F10) didn't work in ARRL Sweepstakes. Tnx N6TV
- Under some circumstances, if data entered in the time field didn't follow the HH:MM or HHMM format, it could lead to a crash. Tnx N6TV.
- WinKey : Speed bursts were not executed if located just before the $LOGGED variable. Tnx ES5TV.
- CW Autosend : Feature temporarily disabled when Alt-Space (grab from the RT partner slot), Alt-1..9 (grab from the partner stack) and Ctrl-1..9 (exchange with the partner stack) are used. Tnx ES5TV, N6TV.
- ARRL 10m contest : New Mexican multipliers added. The name of the database (which is now different from the other ARRL contests) is now ARRL_10M.DTB. Several XE stations (around 300) have been added in the current file: http://download.win-test.com/databases/ARRL_10M.DTB
- MouseWheel actions are now compatible with HiRes optical mouses like the Microsoft Wireless LASER Mouse 8000. Tnx W9ZRX, N6TV.
- Bandmap properties : The minimum spot bandwidth is now 0 Hz (!). Tnx SM2WMV.
- IC775 : Force narrow IF filters when grabbing callsigns in CW. Tnx YL2GD.
Release information (4.6.1) (Released only for demo and DxPed versions)
- The default directory name for a "DX expedition (VHF and above)" log was wrong. Tnx DJ4MZ.
- When a callsign was entered by a dbl-click in the N+1 or the partials wnd, and if this feature was set to automatic, the callsign check status wasn't updated. Tnx ES5TV.
- COPYLOGCLEAR text command added. Equivalent to the COPYLOG command immediately followed by a CLEARLOG command. Tnx CT1BOH.
- QTC receive dlg : New variable $QTCROW introduced indicating the QTC line number where the cursor is located. Mainly used in RTTY for asking a resent of a specific line. The default F8 button message is now "AGN QTC $QTCROW?" in this mode. Tnx DK4WA.
Release information (4.6.0) (October 24, 2010)
- Task #296 : Check mult window (F10) was not updated properly when using in ESM mode with S&P mode selected. Tnx N6TV.
- Under some circumstances, the default filename of a contest log could contain invalid characters. Tnx G0ORH.
- Second zones window : The labels display option was not restored.
- When grabbing a callsign in the RTTY window, the realtime partner window field wasn't updated. Tnx ES5TV.
- Task #290 : On restart, Win-Test didn't remember the last SO2R scenario that was selected. Tnx N6TV.
- WAEDC : QTC receive dialog (Alt-L). Using the INSERT key in this dlg was crashing Win-Test.
- Task #291 : RadioWnd : Ctrl-Up/Down weren't working properly in list mode. Tnx ES5TV.
- Under some circonstances, Win-Test could crash when started with the CapsLock key engaged.
- Advanced SO2R CW messages dialog : The Esc and Enter keys now work.
- WAEDC : Clock wnd : QTC in stock was always displayed for M/S entrants regardless of their location (EU or DX).
- WAEDC : Clock wnd : QTC in stock value was not immediately updated after a Q was received thru the network.
- EZMaster, MK/MKII/... and OTRSP setup dialogs : The Esc and Enter keys were not correctly handled.
- Transmit QTC window (Ctrl-L) : Under some circonstances, the context-oriented background colors were not correctly updated.
- WAEDC : After receiving QTC, the potential QTC counts in the bandmaps were not always updated. Tnx DF9LJ.
- WAEDC : Every time a Cabrillo file or a summary file was written, the QTC counts were increased. Tnx DF9LJ, DL6RAI, and several others.
- KCJ : TG (Tochigi) and NR (Nara) multipliers were missing in the Alt-Z window. Tnx F5IN.
- NAC 10 : Exchange sent are now 6-positions gridsquares. Tnx SM6FKF.
- Task #284. Your own call incorrectly counted one HQ if such an exchange was entered. Tnx TM0HQ, N6TV.
- DX cluster (Alt-A) and radio wnds : If the SP or the LP value of the spot was 0°, heading was not displayed. Tnx SM5AJV/SE5E.
- Task #282: Under some circonstances the QSO number displayed in the report for possible bad exchanges was wrong. Tnx DF1DX.
- CAUTION: New network protocol version 1.25 released. Reminder: If you use WT in a networked environment, you must have the same WT version on all machines!
- The wtArg (and wtArgument) variables are now local to the called script.
- For phone contesting, scripts can be called from the Advanced SO2R scenarios with the #SCRIPT or #@SCRIPT notation.
- Lua scripting: New input API:
- wtApp:InputUpperText(Prompt, Title, Default) If Title or Prompt is empty, a default text is used. Typed letters are automatically upper-cased while entering.
- Lua scripting: New wtGab API introduced:
- wtGab:Send(strText[, strToStation]) sends a gab strText to strToStation. If strToStation is omitted, the text is sent to the whole network.
- NCCC Sprint : New rules implemented. Tnx K9MMS, N6TV.
- CQWW RTTY : In M/S category, the band changes counts are now displayed for the RUN and the MULT stations in the rate window (Alt-R). Tnx ES5TV.
- Edition keys : To improve the compatibility with CT, Ctrl-B, Ctrl-D and Ctrl-F keys are now processed in the log fields. Tnx N5KO, N6TV.
- WAEDC : QTC receive dialog (Alt-L) : New $FIELD variable introduced. This variable takes the value "GROUP", "TIME", "CL" or "NR", depending on the kind of QTC field where the insertion point is located.
- New CW and RTTY options to work dupes or not. If dupes are worked, the $QSOB4 variable is ignored. The equivalent text commands are WORKDUPE/NOWORKDUPE or WORKDUPEON/WORKDUPEOFF. There is a different setting available per mode (CW or RTTY).
- Task #205 : The $RxRy variables located in the end of a CW message, if any, are automatically appended to the content of the $QSOB4 message if played. Tnx N6TV.
- The $QSOB4 variable can now include scripts calls.
- The scripts calls in the CW or RTTY messages are now synchronous to the CW or the RTTY streams. To execute them asynchronously, they can be called with the #@ notation. Example :
-- script.wts wtApp:AlertBox("Hello World!");
and the CW/RTTY message content is :
AAA #SCRIPT BBB
The keyer sends AAA, then "waits" until the user hits the OK button in the "Hello World!" alert box to send BBB.
If the CW/RTTY message content is:
AAA #@SCRIPT BBB
The keyer sends AAA and starts the script (and the alert box is open), *but* it continues to key the rest of the message ("BBB") without waiting the user intervention. This is the asynchronous mode.
- Lua scripting : One new wtKeyer API introduced :
- wtKeyer:Insert(strMessage) : Works for the CW and RTTY keyers. When used in a synchroneous script, if gives the possibility to "fill-in" data into the CW/RTTY message. It is recommanded to use it only in the synchroneous mode (see above) to ensure data are inserted in the right place. WARNING : strMessage can only contain textual data (no variable or script call). It is *not* interpreted by the CW/RTTY parser (except the +/- speed bursts).
- Lua scripting : New wtStatus API introduced :
- wtStatus:GetList() returns a table with names of the stations in the network.
- wtStatus:GetStatus(strStation) returns a table with fields of the status of a given station. Returns nil if this station doesn't exist. The table keys are "band" "mode" "currentRadio" "radio1Freq" "radio2Freq" "radio1IsManual" "radio2IsManual" "passFreq" "type" and "qsyStatusId".
- wtStatus:GetFreq(strBand[, strMode]) returns the "best" pass freq for a given band and mode. To determine this frequency, it uses the same algorithm as the $FREQnn variable.
- Lua scripting : New wtOtrsp API introduced :
- wtOtrsp:GetDeviceName() returns the name of the OTRSP attached device.
- wtOtrsp:GetFirmwareVersion() returns the firmware version of the OTRSP attached device. NOTE : Some devices do not support this API, and return an empty string.
- wtOtrsp:Send(strCommand) sends a command string to the OTRSP attached device. The trailing <CR> character is optional, and is appended if needed.
- Scripts manager dialog usability improved. Tnx N6TV.
- OTRSP : If the OTRSP device has controls and if they can generate events, dedicated Lua scripts are called when events occur :
- otrspCrOn.wts and otrspCrOff.wts (not case-sensitive) are called when such a control has values 1 and 0 respectively. wtArg is set to the control number (0 to 9).
- otrspCrEvent.wts (not case-sensitive) is called for all states of the events. wtArg is set to (256 * cr) + state (cr = control number - 1 to 9, and state = value of the state when the event occured - 0 to 255).
WARNING : If the PTT events are used, the control 0 is restricted to this usage, and doesn't fire the otrspCrOn/Off/Event.wts scripts. If the PTT events are not used, otrspCrEvent is not called when an event on this control occured. Only the otrspCrOn/Off scripts are executed.
- microHAM devices : When an attached footswitch is used, two dedicated Lua scripts named microhamFsOn.wts and microhamFsOff.wts (not case-sensitive) are called. wtArg is set the radio number of the footswitch (0 for MK/MKII - 0 or 1 for MK2R/MK2R+/u2R depending
on the footswitch that generated the event).
- Elecraft K3 : To circumvent erratic loss of control when used with various other devices, CAT stacked commands are now sent in a delayed sequence. Tnx N6TV, N6XI, and others.
- Lua Scripting : New wtMicroham API introduced :
- wtMicroham:GetDeviceId() returns the ID of the microHAM attached device. Check the Lua constants for interpretation.
- wtMicroham:GetFirmwareVersion() returns the firmware version string of the microHAM attached device.
- wtMicroham:Send(strCommand) sends a command string to the microHAM attached device . The trailing <CR> character is optional, and is appended if needed.
Tnx ES5TV, N6TV, OM7ZZ.
- Contest settings dialog: The contest combo box is now divided in sections.
- Status Wnd (Alt-J) : Code rewritten to adapt the window columns to the contest in progress : The band is displayed if the current contest is multi-band. The mode is displayed if the current contest is multi-mode, and the type (R, M, etc.) is only displayed for Multi-Op HF contests. Also, when the CQWW M/S multiplier rule is used, new indicators are displayed in the QSY column.
- Status Wnd (Alt-J) : Rewording of "QSY Freq" to "Pass Freq". Menu items adapted too.
- Status Wnd (Alt-J) : When operating in SO1R/Multi-Op technique, the Radio 2 freq is automatically hidden, and the Radio 1 freq is now using the same color as the other items of the line.
- RDA Contest : All DXCC entities are taken into account for multipliers, even the Russian ones. Tnx UA2FF and RX3RC.
- COPYLOG text command added : Duplicate the current log file (.wt4) in the current log directory with a timestamp added in its name. Useful to quickly save the current log right after a contest warm-up, just before clearing it (CLEARLOG) and start the contest. Tnx DL6RAI for inspiration.
- MP3 Contest Player : You can now select which channel(s) - Left, Right or Stereo - to listen to. When Left or Right is selected, this channel is sent to both outputs for a more pleasant listening. Useful to listen to true SO2R stereo recordings. The shortcuts (AltGr+C for Left / AltGr+V for Stereo / AltGr+B for Right) have been chosen for their location on the keyboard.
- WAEDC : Received QTC window (Alt-L) : The contest recorder keys are now active also in this window.
- RDA contest : ADIF export : The first two chars of received district (if applicable) are saved as STATE field and the district (reformatted as XX-dd) is saved as CNTY. Tnx UA2FF.
- RDA contest : For Russian entrants, a QSO with a /P Russian station (assumed to be a C1 or C2 stations) is now credited with 10 pts. Note that using /P for C1 or C2 stations is *not* mandatory (Check the note 5.2 of the English rules). Tnx UA6AA.
- WAEDC : Received QTC window (Alt-L) : The ESC key only works if no field have been edited (and closes the dialog). If a field has been edited, the ESC has no action (except interrupting CW etc.). Tnx F5VIH/SV3SJ.
- WAEDC : Transmit and Receive QTC windows (Ctrl-L and Alt-L): Modified wordings for some buttons, and easier usability for users, especially when using Esc and Ctrl-L/Alt-L to close these windows. Tnx DL6RAI, DF9LF, G3TXF.
- WAEDC : Transmit QTC window (Ctrl-L) : In CW or RTTY, if no QTC is sent, the Ctrl-L and Esc keys close the dialog with no confirmation asked. Tnx DL6RAI.
- WAEDC : Receive QTC window (Alt-L) : If no field is edited, the Alt-L and Esc keys close the dialog with no confirmation asked. Tnx DL6RAI.
- WAEDC : Receive QTC window (Alt-L) : To improve consistency with the log edition keys, a new key set is introduced :
Alt-Arrows : Moving from one field to another (replace Ctrl-Arrows) Shift-Backspace: Delete all the characters left of the cursor Shift-Del: Delete all characters under and right of the cursor Ctrl-A: Like [Home] Ctrl-E: Like [End] Ctrl-W: Clear the current field Ctrl-K: Like [Shift-Del] Ctrl-Z: Undo field edition Ctrl-Left arrow: Like [Home] Ctrl-Right arrow: Like [End]
- WAEDC : If the "Show additional information on QTC traffic" option is enabled, the callsign syntax check status messages are no more displayed, to free the message line for the QTC status. Only applies to the WAEDC. Tnx DJ0ZY.
- LUA scripting : Two new global variables wtScript and wtCurrentScript introduced. wtScript contains the name of the top-most called script, with no extension, and wtCurrentScript contains the script name currently executed (no extension). For example :
-- foo.wts wtApp:AlertBox(wtScript .. " / " .. wtCurrentScript); wtApp:CallScript("bar"); return -1; --
-- bar.wts wtApp:AlertBox(wtScript .. " / " .. wtCurrentScript); --
When foo is executed, the first alert box will display "foo / foo" and the next one will display "foo / bar". Tnx N6TV.
- Check country wnd (F10) : New option to display (or not) the sun charts. Tnx N6TV.
- ESM embedded script : When using the SO2R advanced technique, the scenarios messages are used instead of the standard ones. Tnx SM2WMV, N6TV and F6IFY.
- Remote commands dialog : Various different options for the notification are now allowed.
- Script manager : Added the possibility to attach a text command to a script. You can even pass a argument with the SCRIPT/ARGUMENT syntax (ex : SCRIPT/5 will call script.wts and the wtArg value is set to the string "5" - Caution : The argument is *always* passed as a string when the script is called from a text command). If no argument is specified, the default argument defined in the script manager will be used (if any). Tnx N6TV.
- IARU HF : Mult wnd (Alt-M) can now be copied as text (and pasted as text or directly in a spreadsheet program). Does not apply for the WRTC version that has a different multiplier rule.
- IOTA : Even if IOTA.DAT is not installed, IOTA references that are syntaxically valid are now taken into account for points credits and are written in the Cabrillo file. Tnx SM3CER.
- IOTA : Mult wnd (Alt-M) can now be copied as text (and pasted as text or directly in a spreadsheet program). Tnx G3TXF.
- The check logs tools reports are now adapted to the mixed contests.
- Enhanced replies to the inventory command (INV) with bridgehead and time masters indicators (B vs b and T vs t).
- BRIDGEHEAD/NOBRIDGEHEAD text commands added.
- IARU HF : "BA" added to the exception list of the cut numbers translation, despite this abbreviation is not listed as the official one of the E7HQ Society. Cf http://www.iaru.org/iaru-soc.html Tnx UA6AA and many others.
Release information (4.5.2) (July 3, 2010)
- Bugfix : Fixed a problem with registration in some versions.
Release information (4.5.1) (June 27, 2010)
- Bugfix : MP3 information files dialog could lead to a crash if no mp3 file were present in the current log directory.
- Bugfix : ARI Sezioni - RTTY : Only valid 4 digits codes can be now grabbed from the RTTY wnd as an exchange. Tnx IK0CHU.
Release information (4.5.0) (June 5, 2010)
CAUTION: New network protocol version 1.24 released
Reminder: If you use WT in a networked environment, you must have the same WT version on all machines!
These network modifications only affect the use of Win-Test in a WAN environment, and requires wtTunnel 1.12 (to be released) to be effective.
- Workaround: YCCC SO2R Box outputs were not working as expected. At this time, AUX1 and AUX3 are assigned to Radio1, and AUX2 and AUX4 to Radio2. This will be customizable in the future.
- Added a Extraction Feature in Contest Recorder (right-click in the Contest Recorder Window, and chose the "Extract and Save QSO" menu).
- Text commands : MP3SETUP and SCRIPTS commands added. Tnx N6TV.
- Scripts manager dlg : The delete key now acts like clicking on the Delete button.
- New microHam device "USB micro2R" supported. Tks OM7ZZ.
- Radio Wnd and DX Cluster Wnd (Alt-A) : New leading indicator (#) introduced to tag spots coming from a CW Skimmer (aka the spotter callsign ends with "-#").
- CW cut numbers translation : New option in Tools / Data entry to disable the automatic translation. Note that this translation is performed on a contest and worked station contextual basis. The equivalent text commands are CUTON and CUTOFF. Do not use CUT/NOCUT that are reserved for CW cut numbers generation ! Tnx N6TV.
- EXPERIMENTAL : New "Always On Top" option in the Options / Windows menu. Can also be (re)set with text commands. Tnx N6TV.
- Bugfix : IC-7600 : Split was broken. Tnx N3MX, I2WIJ.
- Bugfix : In M/* configuration, and under certain circumstances, the mp3 files list associated with a station in the MP3 file information dialog could be wrong.
- ARRL DX : CW cut numbers are translated for DXCC stations worked from the US/VE side.
- MP3 setup : Only the CBR codecs are now displayed in the setup dialogs. The usage of the ABR codecs (most of the LAME ACM ones) is too erratic to be trusted in. Tnx N6TV.
- Bugfix : REF HF : Cut numbers were translated for TK stations (2A). Tnx F5CQ.
- Bugfix : Additional CW messages (Alt-C) : When no log is opened, the function keys are now disabled.
- Bugfix : Recorder wnd : Under certain circumstances, the buttons tooltips were not always displayed.
- Bugfix : HA DX contest : When working contest from the HA side, cut numbers where always translated, whereas it had to be so for non-HA callsigns only. Tnx HA3LN.
- Contest Recorder: the "rotate file" option were disabling the AutoStart one. Fixed. Thanks IK2JUB.
Release information (4.4.0) (January 17, 2010)
- Bugfix (#255): K1EL WinKey USB CW timing becomes very poor (Farnsworth style) when PTT delay is default 50 ms. This was caused by too low hardcoded value (80ms) of the PTT Tail delay. This delay is now configurable in the Winkey Properties Dialog Box. Tks F5JSD, SM5AJV, KL7RA and N6TV.
- Bugfix (#253): Input Wave Device was not properly selected in the Contest Recorder Module. Tks N6TV, NR5M.
- MP3 files information dialog : Under certain circumstances, the displayed stop time and duration of the selected file were wrong. Tnx N6TV.
- Bugfix (#271) : Packet window (Alt-T) was losing focus when the gab window was automatically closed. Tnx DL6RAI.
- Bugfix (#272) : Under certain circumstances, pattern checking flags were not updated if an entered callsign was modified. Tnx DL6RAI.
- DARC 10 : Leading zeros addition for serial received was broken. Tnx DK1AX.
- Bugfix : MP3 files recorded in 2009 couldn't be listened to anymore in Win-Test in 2010 ;-) ! Tnx DL6RAI.
- Bugfix : Stew Perry : Under certain circumstances, an overflow error could happen in distance calculations for Q inside the same GridSquare as the entrant. Tnx VE3TA.
- Bugfix (Task #270) : ARRL 10 : When running the contest from the DX side, the serial sent was not editable. Tnx CX6VM.
- Bugfix : RTTY wnds : Left-click to activate (and right-click to open the contextual menu) in the text area were broken. Also, the possibility to Ctrl-Drag these windows has been added.
- Bugfix : ARI 40/80 contest in RTTY : The provinces can now be grabbed in the RTTY wnd. Also fixed for the ARI International Contest. Tnx IK0CHU.
- Bugfix : The Inventory and Score broadcast network frames could have bad data. Tnx SV3SJ/F5VIH.
- Bugfix : After opening a non-empty log, the first PgUp press was not updating the child windows.
- Added some new features of the WK2 (WKUSB) for the PTT Tail. Tks F5JSD, K1EL.
- OmniRig supported as an alternative to the WT build-in Radio Control. Right-click on the Radio Window then choose "OmniRig Settings" in order to properly configure OmniRig for your Radio.
- IC-703 rig added.
- First attempt in OTRSP (Open Two Radio Switching Protocol) protocol support. Tested with the YCCC SO2R Box but not in real conditions. Tks K1XM.
- Log output : Progress bar implemented. Tnx TF3CW.
- Edit / Move in my log menu item has now text commands equivalents: MOVEINMYLOG (or SCROLLMYLOG) and NOMOVEINMYLOG (or NOSCROLLMYLOG). Tnx 5B4WN.
- Rate wnd (Alt-R) : Two methods are now available to display the elapsed time since the last band changes. Tnx F1NGP and TK5EP.
- MRU (Most Recently Used) file list added in the File menu.
- IC-7600 rig added.
- ICOM rigs : Radio list rearranged alphabetically in the Interface Setup dialog.
- Bugfix : RTTY wnds : The invert function was also inverting the character next to the selection.
- RTTY wnds : Mirror zone enlarged to allow 4-figures serials.
- RTTY wnds : Callsigns found in the database or in the log are now displayed in bold.
- RTTY wnds : Colors management added.
- Grid Squares wnd : It can now be enlarged to the entire world. Tnx F8BBL.
- Grid Squares wnd : New options in the contextual menu to display fields only, and to center the map on a specific point more easily (it requires the map is NOT centered on the Home QTH in the properties dialog).
- Grid Squares wnd : The resolution (low or high) chosen in the properties dialog wasn't properly saved.
- CQWW WPX Contests (Task #269) : Various updates to comply with the new rules introduced in 2010. Tnx K5ZD, W0YK.
- ARRL Contests : Default Off-time period set to 30 mins. Tnx CX6VM and DL6RAI.
- New "-n" or "--noautoload" switch allowed in the command line to disable the autoload log feature. Tnx N6TV (The only Win-Test user who runs it from the command line ;-) ).
- Startup time reduced.
- CSV and Text exports : HF logs can now export distance and heading. CAUTION : To ensure consistency with the VHF logs exports (and many geographical processing softwares or online apps), the longitude is now positive for East, and negative for West.
- Tools / Check log / Callsigns syntax check added. Uses the pattern callsigns rules file (callsign.pat).
- LUA : wtArg can now be used to get the optional argument set in the Script Manager or in a #SCRIPT(argument) call. To ensure compatibility, wtArgument remains usable.
- Bugfix : Under some circonstances, some key assignments to scripts were not working properly. Tnx DJ0ZY.
- Script key assignment dialog : If no key is assigned, the argument field is now automatically cleared and disabled.
- Lua : New API to get the type and the manufactuer of the radios: wtRadio*:GetTypeId() and wtRadio*:GetManufacturerId(). Reminder : wtRadio* applies to wtRadio, wtRadioInactive, wtRadioPrimary, wtRadioSecondary, wtRadio1 or wtRadio2. New Lua WT constants are introduced for this purpose. A new directory on our download repository has been created to gather the API and the constants lists : http://download.win-test.com/v4/lua/
- REF 160 : As non-domestic stations can send non-numeric exchanges the CW cut numbers translation is now disabled. Tnx F5IN.
Release information (4.3.0) (November 23, 2009)
- Bugfix: playing back MP3s recorded on different stations was broken. Tks FY5KE.
- Contest Recorder (#253): USB Voice Codec was not detected due to a trailing space in the Codec Name. Fixed. Tks N6TV.
- Bugfix (#182): Wrong QSX Frequency in Self-generated Spots. Tks K1GQ.
- Bugfix (#262): CQ Repeat doesn't stop for Secondary Radio. Tks DJ0ZY.
- Bugfix (#259): Pressing Alt-1 in Secondary Radio window moves QSO to wrong band. Alt-1/2/3/... are now active only with the Primary radio and when the Partner Wnd is open. Tks N6TV.
- Bugfix (#251): NA Sprint - LOCATION record not written to Cabrillo file header. Done also for IARU HF, NAQP and NCCC Sprints. Tks N6TV.
- Bugfix (#243): WPX contest now requires LOCATION in Cabrillo. Done also for CQWW even if it doesn't seem required yet. Tks N6TV.
- Bugfix : Ukranian DX contest and RDXC : Cut numbers were translated even for Oblasts. Tnx F5IN and RK1AA.
- UFT HF : Under some circonstances, the received report was not correctly translated with cut numbers. Tnx F5IN.
- CQWW M/S : The 10-minute mult timer in the status window (Alt-J) was broken. Tnx FY5KE.
- Italian translation added. Tks IV3IYH!
- Search for Possible Bad Exchanges against bad formated serial number implemented. Tks N6TV.
- Added some basic checks for ARRL SS in the "Search for Possible Bad Exchanges" tool. Tks N6TV.
- The '<' and '>' keys are now interpreted by the Secondary Radio Window as well, as far as the SHIFT key is not used for binding to the Secondary Radio Window (task #216). Tks N6TV.
- WAE : When using the keyboard mode in the QTC transmitting and receiving dialogs, the Enter key was mis-interpreted. And now, in CW, the "what you type" field is also updated. Tnx DL6RAI and DJ4MZ.
- Lua : New API to play the additional CW/RTTY messages (Alt-C set)
AdditionalMsgIndex is the index of the Alt-C messages set (1 to 12). Others are ignored. This API is useful when these messages contains variables. If not, you can still use wtKeyer:Play("$MSGx").
- Lua: New API introduced to get various interesting directories paths:
wtApp:GetLogPath() Current log directory path wtApp:GetAppPath() Win-Test installation directory path wtApp:GetCfgPath() \cfg directory path wtApp:GetCtyPath() \countryFiles directory path wtApp:GetDatabasePath() \databases directory path wtApp:GetOpPath() \ops directory path wtApp:GetScriptPath() \scripts directory path wtApp:GetExtraPath() \extras directory path
- WAE : Transmit and Receive QTC windows : Scripts are now allowed in the predefined CW/RTTY messages (use the #SCRIPT notation as usual). Tnx DL6RAI.
- Ukranian DX contest : Rules 2009 now accept single mode entries for DX : Cabrillo file output updated. Tnx F5IN.
Release information (4.2.0) (October 21, 2009)
- Bugfix: Conversion of binary file containing QTC from v3 to v4. Tks DJ4MZ.
- Better support of Win7 and Wine/Linux.
- Bugfix (#258): Failure of swap radio key to switch rx focus for the MK2R+ as long as one not manually changed the rx focus to stereo or transmitted anything in CW. Tks GW3NJW, OH1JT, OM7ZZ, W4TV.
- Cosmetic: avoid rx focus leds flickering when switching tx focus. Tks OM7ZZ.
- Bugfix (#187): Ctrl-Shift-Tab doesn't appear to toggle RUN / S&P in Secondary radio window. Tks N6TV, GW3NJW.
- Bugfix : K3 serial port default setup modified : The number of stop bits was wrong - It is now set to one stop bit, according to the K3 users manual. Tnx N6TV.
- ON Winter and Spring contests : Sections list updated. Tnx F5IN and ON5GQ.
- Bugfix (#257) : CQWW DX RTTY : Cabrillo template modified to match the specs. Tnx N6TV.
- Bugfix : CQWW DX RTTY : Allowed band changes modified to 8 in MS and M2 categories (rules 2009). Tnx F5JY.
- Bugfix (#164): TI5/NP3D is now parsed as TI. Tnx JE2UFF/W2UFF.
- CTY files : 4U30VIC now considered as 4U1V in an appropriate way. Tnx DL6LAU.
- Bugfix : After reloading a WAE log, the QTC count in the Summary window was wrong. Tnx DK1AX.
- Scripting: wtQso:GetModeId() and wtKeyer:GrabHighlightedCallsign() function added. Note that wtKeyer:GrabHighlightedCallsign() works only in RTTY, and relies on the INSERT key option set in the RTTY setup dialog.
- New option in the Clock wnd to "wizz" this window a la MSN at rounded hours, to draw attention of the op (useful in multi-op configurations).
- New feature in Tools / Scripts manager... : Allows to edit, create, delete or rename scripts. It's also used to assign a key and/or an argument to a script (its value will be available in the wtArgument global variable).
- Scripts called by an assigned key can return +1 to be called again *after* the WT key processing ooccured. A new API wtApp:IsPostKeyProcess() is introduced to distinguish the "pre"- process from the "post"-process.
RunSPSwitch.wts (assigned to Ctrl-Tab) :
if (wtApp:IsPostKeyProcess()) then if (wtQso:IsOperatingModeRun()) then wtApp:SetWindowColor(-1, 0, 165, 165); else wtApp:SetWindowColor(-1, 128,128,128); end; else return 1; -- Triggers a post key process call end;
Note : This feature works only for users scripts called with an assigned key (and *not* with embedded overriden scripts).
- Scripts can now be called from a CW or a RTTY message. You must use the #SCRIPTNAME(ARGUMENT) notation. The argument (and parenthesis) are optional. The script will be called synchroneously, but is executed in the main thread, meaning that it is not blocking the CW/RTTY stream.
- New feature in Options / Script Editor configuration : Allows to use any external text editor to edit scripts. The default text editor is a custom package of SciTE (Scintilla Text Editor - free and open source) available on our repository
Unzip the package and move the entire SciTE folder in the Win-Test installation directory.
- YO DX Contest : Rules 2009 : In mixed mode, a station can be worked in both modes. Tnx N2YO.
- Tools / Check log for possible bad exchanges : When the contest do not use serial numbers, use the QSO index in the report remarks. Tnx F1HAR @ TM0HQ.
- Keys redefinitions : The Pause and Scroll-Lock keys can now be used. Be warned that Ctrl-Scroll-Lock and Ctrl-Pause (that are considered as "identical" by the system) are used by Windows to cancel dialogs. Thus, it is advisable to not use them for key redefinition.
Release information (4.1.0) (August 8, 2009)
- IOTA contest: "Search for possible bad exchanges" (tools menu) implemented.
- Rotator Azimuth orders are now based on the locator instead of the DXCC on 50 MHz and above. On 50 MHz and 70 MHz, if the locator field is empty in the log, then the azimuth is computed against the DXCC prefix.
- New text commands RUNSP/NORUNSP and RUNSPON/RUNSPOFF to enable or not the RUN/S&P switching. Tnx N6TV.
- New contest files : You can now customize the file name and sub dir formats. See Options / Log / New contest files properties... Tnx N6TV.
- IOTA contest : Default IOTA reference is now guessed, according to the new CTY_IOTA.DAT file (must be in the countryFiles directory). This file is based on DXCC countries, callsign prefixes, call areas and oblasts.
- IOTA contest : Check mult wnd (F10) : IOTA references are now autocompleted for check during QSO entry.
- New File menu items to explore more easily several WT-related directories. Tnx F5VIH/SV3SJ and N6TV.
- DX Window (Alt-A) : Spot can be now passed to the secondary radio or the non-active radio. Tnx DL8WAA.
- M2/Orion rotators added in wtRotators. Tks IK0HBN.
- The RRTC Cabrillo files are now following the version 3 specs. And the contest name is modified as "OZCHR". Tnx F5VIH/SV3SJ.
- CW and RTTY msgs enlarged to 120 characters.
- Extra information files : Multiple spaces or tabs can now separate the callsign from the data. Tnx G0ORH.
- New File dialog : Ensures the validity of the entered file name. Tnx DJ7MGQ.
- ESM : S&P : When the entered callsign is a dupe, WT now blocks call. To override this behaviour, use F4 to call and F2 to send exchange (by default). Tnx GW3NJW.
- VHF+ contests : Mode is now displayed in the main log wnd if the contest has been set to handle several modes (Mixed or All modes). Tnx DK2ZF and DL5NAH.
- The displayed azimuth in the Rotator Window could be wrong in the "Stacks" and "Rotors" tabs.
- EUHF : Statistics window (Ctrl-F9) limited to one day. Tnx F5VIH/SV3SJ.
- IOTA contest : When an invalid IOTA was entered, clearing the field afterwards wasn't clearing the '?' flag.
- Contest Recorder:
- Infinite loop in MP3 file rotations. Tks DD5FZ.
- Memory Leak using LAME encoder.
- MP3 Codec enumeration in the player. WT was not always detecting the appropriate Codec.
- Playback with Windows VISTA. Note that the LAME Codec is an Encoder Codec only.
- When radios were swapped (*), the ESM QSO status was somewhat messy.
- For some contests, the letters for cut numbers were inappropriately translated.
- After a WT v3 file conversion, the main window caption was not updated.
- MP3 files information : The file date was off by one month. Tnx F5VIH/SV3SJ.
- Cabrillo Import : The station name for all worked QSO was CABRILLO. Now, it uses the name entered in the Contest Settings dialog. Tnx F5VIH/SV3SJ.
- Callsign text color wasn't reset after F11 or empty callsign if the callsign check wasn't automatic. Tnx DJ0ZY.
- Delete QSO : Several structures inconstancies fixed when a Q was deleted in the middle of the log.
- In REG1TEST exports (European Standard File for V/UHF Contests), QSO logged in mode different than CW or SSB was not well formatted. Tks DL5NAH.
- Options / Log / Colors... menu was broken. Tnx F5LIW.
- Check Country wnd (F10) : Sun status bars now display "NO DATA" when SS and SR are not computed (JW, JX etc.). Tnx DJ0ZY.
- (Task #245) Network advanced settings : The Bridgehead setting was not saved. Tnx KL7RA and N6TV.
- Opening a .wtb file in the command line, by drag'n'drop or a double-click on it was starting an infinite loop. Tnx N6TV.
Release information (4.0.1) (June 30, 2009)
- Options / Toolbar setting was ignored on startup. Tnx N6TV.
- ESM was broken. Tnx F1HAR.
- Registration Key was broken.
Release information (4.0.0) (June 26, 2009)
First release of Win-Test version 4
Minimum requirements : WinXP (2k not tested but may mork - feedbacks welcome). PIII 500 MHz - 64 MB RAM - 800 x 600 screen res.
Summary of the new features:
- Rotators Controls
- Integrated MP3 contest recorder and player: Use the Options / MP3 configuration to set the audo device that will record and play the file, the various sampling and bit rate settings. You can also set a maximum filesize. Over this limit, additional files will be automatically created. To start recording click on the record button of the window (a blinking red square will be displayed in the clock window too). Once the contest is over, click on the record button again to stop recording. Now, you can browse your log with usual arrow keys and to listen to a specific Q but clicking the Play button or use the
AltGr-Entercombination (some keyboard do not have an
AltGrkey, so use
Ctrl+Altinstead). You can also go back and forward with the adapted buttons or use AltGr-Left and Right. To pause/play, you can use the
- ESM (Enter Sends Message): Enabled/Disabled by the Tools/Data entry/ESM Enabled menu. You can also use the ESM/NOESM or ESMON/ESMOFF text commmands. It relies on the following messages assignation :
F1 : CQ F2 : Sent report F4 : Mycall F5 : Logged callsign ($LOGGED) F7 : ? (or "Again ?" in phone) INSERT : Callsign + sent report PLUS : TU + enter Q
When the ESM is enabled, as the return key *can't* be used anymore to log silently a QSO, the key combination Ctrl+Plus has been introduced and added for this purpose.
- Variable speed for the integrated voice keyer : An exclusive Win-Test feature! You can play your voice files at a different speed (between -20% and +70%) from the original recording speed. Record your voice files at normal speed, and use Alt-F9/F10 (as in CW mode) to play them at a different speed. The speed in displayed at the bottom of the (Rate) Alt-R window.
- On the fly callsign pattern check based on the K1TTT callsign.pat file (over 400 rules applied today). Use the Tools / Data entry / Callsign check menu option. You are encouraged to report the author any mistakes or improvements of this file (email@example.com). The file is located in the cfg directory (see below).
- Improved F10 window with graphical indication of the sun status on both sides of the QSO.
- Keyboard mode (Alt-K) enhanced. The backspace is not supported yet and replaced by "E E " like you do when you use a regular key.
- Data (.wt4) and notes (.not) files can be transferred thru the WT network without needing any file or directory sharing. Very convenient to gather all logs in a multi-stations environment once the contest is over. Use the Tools / Download thru the network... menu.
- Enhanced compatibility with Vista and Seven (Auxiliary and ini files are now stored in directories these OS accept with no additional rights:
Windows XP : Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\Win-Test\ Windows Vista : ProgramData\Win-Test\
Note that these directories may be hidden by Windows Explorer. Check the Folders Options of Windows Explorer.
Several sub-directories are created and used by Win-Test. Their names are self-explanatory.