Release information (4.1.0) (August 8, 2009)
http://download.win-test.com/v4/bin/wt-4.1.0.exe [full, 10.6 MB] http://download.win-test.com/v4/bin/wt-4.1.0-update.exe [update, 2.7 MB]
(you will need your login/password to access these files on the server)
- IOTA contest: "Search for possible bad exchanges" (tools menu)
- Rotator Azimuth orders are now based on the locator instead of the
DXCC on 50 MHz and above. On 50 MHz and 70 MHz, if the locator field is empty in the log, then the azimuth is computed against the DXCC prefix.
- New text commands RUNSP/NORUNSP and RUNSPON/RUNSPOFF to enable or not
the RUN/S&P switching. Tnx N6TV.
- New contest files : You can now customize the file name and sub dir
formats. See Options / Log / New contest files properties... Tnx N6TV.
- IOTA contest : Default IOTA reference is now guessed, according to
the new CTY_IOTA.DAT file (must be in the countryFiles directory). This file is based on DXCC countries, callsign prefixes, call areas and oblasts.
- IOTA contest : Check mult wnd (F10) : IOTA references are now
autocompleted for check during QSO entry.
- New File menu items to explore more easily several WT-related
directories. Tnx F5VIH/SV3SJ and N6TV.
- DX Window (Alt-A) : Spot can be now passed to the secondary radio or
the non-active radio. Tnx DL8WAA.
- M2/Orion rotators added in wtRotators. Tks IK0HBN.
- The RRTC Cabrillo files are now following the version 3 specs.
And the contest name is modified as "OZCHR". Tnx F5VIH/SV3SJ.
- CW and RTTY msgs enlarged to 120 characters.
- Extra information files : Multiple spaces or tabs can now separate
the callsign from the data. Tnx G0ORH.
- New File dialog : Ensures the validity of the entered file name.
- ESM : S&P : When the entered callsign is a dupe, WT now blocks call.
To override this behaviour, use F4 to call and F2 to send exchange (by default). Tnx GW3NJW.
- VHF+ contests : Mode is now displayed in the main log wnd if the
contest has been set to handle several modes (Mixed or All modes). Tnx DK2ZF and DL5NAH.
- Bugfix: The displayed azimuth in the Rotator Window could be wrong
in the "Stacks" and "Rotors" tabs.
- Bugfix : EUHF : Statistics window (Ctrl-F9) limited to one day.
- Bugfix : IOTA contest : When an invalid IOTA was entered, clearing
the field afterwards wasn't clearing the '?' flag.
- Bugfixes in Contest Recorder: - Infinite loop in MP3 file rotations. Tks DD5FZ. - Memory Leak using LAME encoder. - MP3 Codec enumeration in the player. WT was not always detecting the appropriate Codec. - Playback with Windows VISTA. Note that the LAME Codec is an Encoder Codec only.
- Bugfix : When radios were swapped (*), the ESM QSO status was
- Bugfix : For some contests, the letters for cut numbers were
- Bugfix : After a WT v3 file conversion, the main window caption was
- Bugfix : MP3 files information : The file date was off by one
month. Tnx F5VIH/SV3SJ.
- Bugfix : Cabrillo Import : The station name for all worked QSO was
CABRILLO. Now, it uses the name entered in the Contest Settings dialog. Tnx F5VIH/SV3SJ.
- Bugfix : Callsign text color wasn't reset after F11 or empty
callsign if the callsign check wasn't automatic. Tnx DJ0ZY.
- Bugfix : Delete QSO : Several structures inconstancies fixed when
a Q was deleted in the middle of the log.
- Bugfix: In REG1TEST exports (European Standard File for V/UHF
Contests), QSO logged in mode different than CW or SSB was not well formatted. Tks DL5NAH.
- Bugfix : Options / Log / Colors... menu was broken. Tnx F5LIW.
- Bugfix : Check Country wnd (F10) : Sun status bars now display
"NO DATA" when SS and SR are not computed (JW, JX etc.). Tnx DJ0ZY.
- Bugfix (Task #245) : Network advanced settings : The Bridgehead
setting was not saved. Tnx KL7RA and N6TV.
- Bugfix : Opening a .wtb file in the command line, by drag'n'drop or
a double-click on it was starting an infinite loop. Tnx N6TV.
Release information (4.0.1) (June 30, 2009)
- Options / Toolbar setting was ignored on startup. Tnx N6TV.
- ESM was broken. Tnx F1HAR.
- Registration Key was broken.
Release information (4.0.0) (June 26, 2009)
First release of Win-Test version 4
Minimum requirements : WinXP (2k not tested but may mork - feedbacks welcome). PIII 500 MHz - 64 MB RAM - 800 x 600 screen res.
Summary of the new features:
- Rotators Controls
- Integrated MP3 contest recorder and player: Use the Options / MP3 configuration to set the audo device that will record and play the file, the various sampling and bit rate settings. You can also set a maximum filesize. Over this limit, additional files will be automatically created. To start recording click on the record button of the window (a blinking red square will be displayed in the clock window too). Once the contest is over, click on the record button again to stop recording. Now, you can browse your log with usual arrow keys and to listen to a specific Q but clicking the Play button or use the
AltGr-Entercombination (some keyboard do not have an
AltGrkey, so use
Ctrl+Altinstead). You can also go back and forward with the adapted buttons or use AltGr-Left and Right. To pause/play, you can use the
- ESM (Enter Sends Message): Enabled/Disabled by the Tools/Data entry/ESM Enabled menu. You can also use the ESM/NOESM or ESMON/ESMOFF text commmands. It relies on the following messages assignation :
F1 : CQ F2 : Sent report F4 : Mycall F5 : Logged callsign ($LOGGED) F7 : ? (or "Again ?" in phone) INSERT : Callsign + sent report PLUS : TU + enter Q
When the ESM is enabled, as the return key *can't* be used anymore to log silently a QSO, the key combination Ctrl+Plus has been introduced and added for this purpose.
- Variable speed for the integrated voice keyer : An exclusive Win-Test feature! You can play your voice files at a different speed (between -20% and +70%) from the original recording speed. Record your voice files at normal speed, and use Alt-F9/F10 (as in CW mode) to play them at a different speed. The speed in displayed at the bottom of the (Rate) Alt-R window.
- On the fly callsign pattern check based on the K1TTT callsign.pat file (over 400 rules applied today). Use the Tools / Data entry / Callsign check menu option. You are encouraged to report the author any mistakes or improvements of this file (email@example.com). The file is located in the cfg directory (see below).
- Improved F10 window with graphical indication of the sun status on both sides of the QSO.
- Keyboard mode (Alt-K) enhanced. The backspace is not supported yet and replaced by "E E " like you do when you use a regular key.
- Data (.wt4) and notes (.not) files can be transferred thru the WT network without needing any file or directory sharing. Very convenient to gather all logs in a multi-stations environment once the contest is over. Use the Tools / Download thru the network... menu.
- Enhanced compatibility with Vista and Seven (Auxiliary and ini files are now stored in directories these OS accept with no additional rights:
Windows XP : Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\Win-Test\ Windows Vista : ProgramData\Win-Test\
Note that these directories may be hidden by Windows Explorer. Check the Folders Options of Windows Explorer.
Several sub-directories are created and used by Win-Test. Their names are self-explanatory.