Release information (4.0.1) (June 30, 2009)
- Options / Toolbar setting was ignored on startup. Tnx N6TV.
- ESM was broken. Tnx F1HAR.
- Registration Key was broken.
Release information (4.0.0) (June 26, 2009)
First release of Win-Test version 4
Minimum requirements : WinXP (2k not tested but may mork - feedbacks welcome). PIII 500 MHz - 64 MB RAM - 800 x 600 screen res.
Summary of the new features:
- Rotators Controls
- Integrated MP3 contest recorder and player: Use the Options / MP3 configuration to set the audo device that will record and play the file, the various sampling and bit rate settings. You can also set a maximum filesize. Over this limit, additional files will be automatically created. To start recording click on the record button of the window (a blinking red square will be displayed in the clock window too). Once the contest is over, click on the record button again to stop recording. Now, you can browse your log with usual arrow keys and to listen to a specific Q but clicking the Play button or use the
AltGr-Entercombination (some keyboard do not have an
AltGrkey, so use
Ctrl+Altinstead). You can also go back and forward with the adapted buttons or use AltGr-Left and Right. To pause/play, you can use the
- ESM (Enter Sends Message): Enabled/Disabled by the Tools/Data entry/ESM Enabled menu. You can also use the ESM/NOESM or ESMON/ESMOFF text commmands. It relies on the following messages assignation :
F1 : CQ F2 : Sent report F4 : Mycall F5 : Logged callsign ($LOGGED) F7 : ? (or "Again ?" in phone) INSERT : Callsign + sent report PLUS : TU + enter Q
When the ESM is enabled, as the return key *can't* be used anymore to log silently a QSO, the key combination Ctrl+Plus has been introduced and added for this purpose.
- Variable speed for the integrated voice keyer : An exclusive Win-Test feature! You can play your voice files at a different speed (between -20% and +70%) from the original recording speed. Record your voice files at normal speed, and use Alt-F9/F10 (as in CW mode) to play them at a different speed. The speed in displayed at the bottom of the (Rate) Alt-R window.
- On the fly callsign pattern check based on the K1TTT callsign.pat file (over 400 rules applied today). Use the Tools / Data entry / Callsign check menu option. You are encouraged to report the author any mistakes or improvements of this file (email@example.com). The file is located in the cfg directory (see below).
- Improved F10 window with graphical indication of the sun status on both sides of the QSO.
- Keyboard mode (Alt-K) enhanced. The backspace is not supported yet and replaced by "E E " like you do when you use a regular key.
- Data (.wt4) and notes (.not) files can be transferred thru the WT network without needing any file or directory sharing. Very convenient to gather all logs in a multi-stations environment once the contest is over. Use the Tools / Download thru the network... menu.
- Enhanced compatibility with Vista and Seven (Auxiliary and ini files are now stored in directories these OS accept with no additional rights:
Windows XP : Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\Win-Test\ Windows Vista : ProgramData\Win-Test\
Note that these directories may be hidden by Windows Explorer. Check the Folders Options of Windows Explorer.
Several sub-directories are created and used by Win-Test. Their names are self-explanatory.