Release Notes V3
- 1 Release information (3.16.0) (Sep 7, 2007)
- 2 Release information (3.15.0) (Aug 8, 2007)
- 3 Release information (3.14.0) (Jul 25, 2007)
- 4 Release information (3.13.0) (Jul 23, 2007)
- 5 Release information (3.12.0) (Jul 11, 2007)
- 6 Release information (3.11.0) (May 18, 2007)
- 7 Release information (3.10.0) (Mar 22, 2007)
- 8 Release information (3.9.0) (Mar 13, 2007)
- 9 Release information (3.8.6) (Feb 26, 2007)
- 10 Release information (3.8.4) (Feb 8, 2007)
- 11 Release information (3.8.0) (Jan 18, 2007)
- 12 Release information (3.7.0) (Dec 1, 2006)
- 13 Release information (3.6.2) (Nov 23, 2006)
- 14 Release information (3.6.1) (Nov 21, 2006)
- 15 Release information (3.6.0) (Nov 20, 2006)
- 16 Release information (3.5.0) (Oct 22, 2006)
- 17 Release information (3.4.5) (Oct. 8, 2006)
- 18 Release information (3.3.5) (Sep 20, 2006)
- 19 Release information (3.2.0) (Aug 30, 2006)
- 20 Release information (3.1.0) (Jul 27, 2006)
- 21 Release information (3.0.0) (Jun 22, 2006)
Release information (3.16.0) (Sep 7, 2007)
- Intelligent Quick QSL can now be adaptative according to the Instant Rate. See the "Intelligent Quick QSL configuration..." window (in menu "Tools") for details. Tks CT1BOH.
- Added new macro $QQSLRESET. This macro reset the timer or the counter like if the long QSL message were just sent. It makes sense to use this macro in each message you send your callsign in like CQ (F1 key) or MYCALL (F4 key). That way, you won't send a long QSL message after sending your call a few seconds before. Tks CT1BOH.
- Added new macros $FREQP and $FREQS - Feature request #8. These new macros send accordingly the frequency of the Primary radio and the frequency of the Secondary radio. Tks OH4JFN.
- New qualifications to the Kenwood Radios (as well as radios based on the same protocol, like SDR-1000, Elecraft):
- Under certain circumstances, the mode was not read correctly at the startup of Win-Test
- Added the BandMap "Pass to Sub VFO" feature
- When entering a frequency in the callsign field, the RIT is cleared (as far as it is enabled).
- Editing of the Frequency of a logged QSO - Feature request #117. In addition to its Date and Time (ALT+F shortcut, or in menu Edit). Tks DL4NER.
- Alt-F9/F10 now always change the CW speed by 2 WPM up or down, regardless of the current CW speed (can be odd or even). Tks N6TV.
- F11 also wipes the time field if done on the last QSO in the log.
- CQIR contest added.
- For the IRTS 75-year anniversary, make 75 QSO and you enter a draw to win a week for two in Kinnitty Casle (flights included). For detailled rules, see http://www.irts.ie/CQIR
- SARTG RTTY contest added.
- LOTW contest added.
- SCC Championship RTTY contest added. Requires CTY_LUPROV.DAT file.
- CQWW RTTY : When an US/VE stn is worked, entering his state/province is now mandatory. Tnx F6IFY.
- Keyboard mode dialog (Alt-K) revisited. The dlg labels are more descriptive than before, and in RTTY you can chain predefined msgs with keystrokes, as in CW. The only difference is that in RTTY, [Esc] empties the TX buffer, but let the PTT ON, so you can enter keystrokes again, unless you close the window (which resets the PTT).
- Spots warning : New option to be warned when spotted on the current band/mode only. Tnx I4UFH.
- Radio windows : Markers and segments files can also be set with the bandmap display contextual menu.
- Bugfix: SWAPing two radios (in SO2R mode) in a mixed mode contest might get Mode changes hazardous! In addition, VFO-B programming when at least one of the Radio is an Icom gave over. Tks MM0BQI.
- Bugfix: Chaining 1-char long CW messages or using the CW Keyboard Mode with WinKey was sometimes causing speed changes (speed was actually set to the pot speed). Fixed. Tks DL5AXX.
- Bugfix: RTTY was set using the upper side band for frequencies above 10 MHz. Fixed. Tks VE2FWW.
- Bugfix: QTC might be hidden when for portable stations (like N1AA/6). Fixed. Tks DJ0ZY.
- Bugfix: Closing QTC session with "+" causes QSO entry problem if the serial number is not set. Bug report #123. Fixed. Tks DL1IAO.
- Bugfix: Task #137: "PTT to Wrong Radio after sending something to 2nd radio". In SO2R, if using Alternate CQ, the TX focus stays on "wrong radio" when starting QSO. In addition, the TX focus also stays on the secondary radio when one sends something on it. Both fixed. Tks OH2UA.
- Bugfix: Task #130: "Broken TRX-Control with TenTec Orion". After about 30 min, communication with Orion trx was not working anymore. Fixed. Tks DJ0ZY.
- Bugfix : WAEDC contest : In the QTC transmit or receive dialogs, the CR and + keys didn't work as expected in SSB mode. Tnx ES5TV.
- Bugfix : WAEDC contest : The ADIF STX field wasn't set. Tnx F5UKL.
- Bugfix : Stats wnd (Ctrl-F9) : Under certain circonstances, the displayed graph wasn't correct on this window opening. Tnx DJ0ZY.
- Bugfix : Some mixup in the parity labels and abbreviations of the COM properties dialog. It is advisable to check your COM settings, especially if some of your interfaces use Even or Odd parities. Tnx DG7RO.
- Bugfix : Notes are stored in the local .NOT file even if outbound protocol is disabled. Tnx N6TV.
- Bugfix : [Esc] didn't always stop messages keying (CW or RTTY). Bug report #132. Tnx DJ0ZY.
- Bugfix : Under certain circonstances, Cabrillo v3 files import failed. Tnx F5LEN.
Release information (3.15.0) (Aug 8, 2007)
- New set of CW/RTTY variables dedicated to the WAE
- Receive QTC window:
- $MYCALL: Send my callsign
- $VALID: Save everything and close the window
- $QTC: Send <group>/<number>
- $NEXT: Move focus to the next QTC line
- Transmit QTC window:
- $MYCALL: Send my callsign
- $VALID: Save everything and close the window
- $QTC: Send <group>/<number>
- $NEXT: Move focus down to the next QTC line
- $13: Send carriage return character (specific to RTTY)
- $TIME: Send time of the current QTC
- $CALLSIGN: Send callsign of the current QTC
- $SERIAL: Send serial number of the current QTC
- $DONE: If all QTC are sent: mimic the + key
- $SERIE: Send the QTC serie (specific to RTTY)
- The CW/RTTY messages specific to the WAE contest (QTC Receive/Transmit) windows can now be redefined in the menu "Options | CW/RTTY | Modify WAE messages...".
- It is also possible to modify the label texts of the buttons for both the "QTC Transmit" and the "QTC Receive" windows. The variable $QTC can be used and will be replaced by the appropriate QTC group/number in the "QTC Transmit" window.
- RTTY leg of the WAE contest now supported in beta test.
- QTC groups and series will be highlighted in the RTTY window.
- Assuming you receive the following sequence:
QTC: 65/2 QTC: 65/2 0917-GI8HXY-146 0918-G8UBJ-068
- First click on one of the highlighted "QTC: 65/2": this will automatically open the "QTC Receive" window and fill the QTC group field.
- Then click on each QTC serie highlighted lines. Again, they will be passed automatically to the "QTC Receive" window.
- Sub VFO programming from the bandmap: added for Tentec Orion, FT-2000, FTDX-9000
- SWAP Radios feature rewritten. To be tested with various rigs!
- CW-Reverse mode added for some Radios:
- All kenwood Radios supporting CW-Reverse
- All radios using a Kenwood-based protocol which are supporting CW-Reverse (Elecraft, SDR-1000).
- All Icom which are supporting CW-Reverse.
- FT-1000MP/MkV, FT-2000, FTDX-9000
- Other rigs can be considered as far as the protocol can handle it.
- Please tell us!
- There is no setting in WT in order to enable/disable this feature.
- Just set the CW Reverse on the radio, WT will remember that setting for the next time the mode must be programmed onto the radio.
- ARRL Field Day: LOG layout reorganized.
- FT-1000MP: RIT is cleared but status is preserved when frequency change. Tks N6TV.
- V/UHF and 50/70/V/UHF contests with gridsquares as mults and one point per QSO. Tnx G4HSU & G4PIQ.
- Bugfix: In the WAE contest, opening the QTC Receive/Transmit window was not working as expected. Fixed. Tks IZ3EYZ.
- Bugfix: Polling Rate Combo Box of the "Interface Configuration" window was empty. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Transmitting status in the Secondary Radio fixed in RTTY mode. Tested with no SO2R interface.
- Bugfix: Selecting a single non-alphanumeric in the RTTY windows issued a in crash. Fixed. Tks DL6RAI.
- Bugfix: The CQ repeat mode was not activated when clicking on the "F1" button of the RTTY wnd. Fixed. Tks VE2FWW.
- Bugfix: Under certain circonstances, a dupe QSO was not credited to 0 point in both NCCC Sprint and NA RTTY Sprint contests. Tks N6TV.
- Bugfix: FT-2000 / FT-9000, the active VFO in WT was thrall to the RX VFO of the radio. Correct way is to thrall the TX VFO of the radio. Fixed. Tks G4IRN.
- Bugfix: VFO B programming of the Orion fixed. In addition, a timer now ensures to always wait at least 100ms between each commands sending. Tks SM6CNN.
- Bugfix: NAQP, NA Sprint and NCCC: Database Updates was saving the OP Name insteed of the State/Province/Country. Fixed. Tks N6TV.
- Bugfix: ARRL Field Day: ARRL/RAC official sections modified according to the rules. Tks VE3SY, 9A5CW, N6TV.
- Bugfix: in RTTY, QSOB4 was not working anymore. Fixed. Tks IN3JJI.
- Bugfix : All V/UHF contests : A QSO with own callsign gave one point.
- Bugfix : CW smartcorrect : Text commands are ignored now. Tnx N6TV.
Release information (3.14.0) (Jul 25, 2007)
- Done some improvements and bugfixes in the NAQP contest. It now uses a specific "Equivalent State/Province" file: NAQP.DAT. It also uses the Cabrillo v3 specs for generating logs for the contest sponsor. The RTTY leg also supported.
- Added NCCC Sprint (NS) contest.
- The Run and S&P radio buttons of the Secondary Radio Window are now hidden when S&P mode is not active. Tks CT1BOH.
- New text command "MESSAGES" to open the "Standard CW/RTTY messages configuration" window (menu "Options | CW/RTTY | Modify Standard Messages). Text command "MSGS" is an equivalent. Tks N6TV.
- Elecraft K3 added to the list of supported radios. Tks F6BEE.
- Run/S&P switching capability menu renamed to improve the user interface.
- Bugfix : IOTA contest (and several others) : The guessed exchange was not correct. Tnx DL4CF.
- Bugfix: WT Windows of an imported Cabrillo log were not opened at startup. In addition, WT was loosing Focus. Fixed. Tks N6TV, I4UFH.
- Bugfix: Under certain circonstances, the exchange was not filled in for stations previously worked. Fixed. Tks N6TV.
Release information (3.13.0) (Jul 23, 2007)
CAUTION : New network protocol version 1.20 released - Reminder : If you use WT in a networked environment, you must have the same WT version on all machines !
- The generated CABRILLO files for both CQWW DX and WPX are now in the CABRILLO V3 Format.
- Cabrillo V3 (in addition to Cabrillo V2) can be imported.
- NAQP fields reorganized. Unfortunately, this inverted the "OP name" and "State/Province/Country" field in the WTB binary file. It means that if you open an old NAQP file done with Win-Test, the "OP name" and "State/Province/Country" will be on the wrong places. There is a workaround if you want to open an old NAQP file with the latest version of Win-Test: revert to an old WT version and generate a Cabrillo file from it. Then install again the latest Win-Test version, and import the generated Cabrillo. My apologies for these troubles but it was making sense to invert these fields in order to be more efficient with that contest, as well as with NA Sprint, NCCC... which share some of the same code.
- NA Sprint contest added. Log for the contest sponsor is generated using the CABRILLO V3 specifications. Note that the State/Province will contain DX for non-US/VE stations whatever the operator logged in the field. Tks W0YK, N5KO, K3LR, N6TV and others.
- Added support of the new TenTec Omni VII radio, which is actually based on the Jupiter command sets.
- Added a Search & Pounce Operating Mode feature in order to have two different sets of CW/RTTY messages: one when running, and one when searching multipliers.
- The Run and S&P sets of messages are editable in the "Messages" Tab of the "Standard CW/RTTY Messages Configuration..." window.
- Use CTRL+TAB to switch between RUN and S&P mode on the Primary Radio. The status of this mode is shown in the clock window. To change the mode of the Secondary Radio Window, use either SHIFT+CTRL+TAB or a mouse click on the appropriate control in the Secondary Radio Window.
- It is possible to configure WT to automatically wipe the logged QSO or populate the Band Map when the operator changes the radio frequency, as soon as the Search & pounce mode is activated on that radio. This can be configurated from the "Band Map Properties" (right click in the Band Map windows).
- NB: Search & Pounce is not activated by default. This can be done in the menu "Tools | Data Entry | Search and Pounce".
- The $QSOB4 content macro can be redefined in the "Options" Tab of the "Standard CW/RTTY Messages Configuration..." window. That macro doesn't support any variable in, except $MYCALL. Tks N6TV.
- Sprint Logic feature added. Applicable in the EU Sprint, NA Sprint and the NCCC Sprint contests. When activated, WT decides which INSERT CW/RTTY Message must be sent according to the "Rcvd QSO Number" field.
- When that field is empty, WT assumes that the operator just called CQ, and then sends the INSERT message of the "RUN" mode.
- When that field is not empty, WT assumes that the operator just replyed to a CQ, and then sends the INSERT message of the "S&P" mode.
- This feature can be enabled/disabled in the "Options" Tab of the "Standard CW/RTTY Messages Configuration..." window. Other contests are not affected by this option.
- Tks N6TV, K3LR, K0XP, N2NL and many others.
- New option to "Stay in Field when moving in the log", in order to avoid having the cursor always back on the callsign field. Option is in menu "Option | Log".
- Summary wnd (Alt-S) : New option to include or not the dupes in the QSO counts and the avg calculations.
- REG1TEST files : The New Country flag in VHF+ contests is now set in an appropriate manner. Tnx HB9DFD.
- QSO deletion : The warning message is now more informative. Tnx N6TV.
- Bugfix: In the specific case where one was operating a contest with a separate serial number per band, changing band on the Secondary Radio when the cursor was not in the last position of the log in the Primary Radio, the serial number set for the Secondary Radio might be wrong. Fixed.
- Bugfix: The Precedence field were not corrected in the log when modified in a previous logged QSO. Fixed.
- Bugfix: The Multiplier window was always showing DXCC for all bands, even for a contest which the band doesn't care in for DXCC multipliers. Fixed. Tks N6TV.
- Bugfix : The INVENTORY command was filtered by WtTunnelSrv and could only be used within a LAN. Tnx F6IFY.
- Bugfix : Internal CW generator : Under certain circumstances, the inter characters space was dropped. Tnx TA2RC, OH2UA.
- Bugfix : Log display : When working CW or RTTY, a 5-char received exchange was truncated. Tnx F5HRY/TM0HQ.
- Bugfix : When using Ctrl-K to delete characters behind the cursor in CW, and under other certain circumstances, $LOGGED was not updated. Tnx N6TV, CT1BOH.
- Bugfix : Under certain circumstances there was no separator space between zones in the Alt-Z wnd, when marks were displayed.
Release information (3.12.0) (Jul 11, 2007)
- Frequency Offsets (ie when the rig is used with a transverter) added. Settings can be done in the menu "Options | Frequency Offsets".
- Helvetia VHF/UHF/Microwave contest added. Tnx HB9DFD, HB9DUP, HB9CEX and others...
- IOTA contest : If an IOTA ref is entered in the appropriate field of the log, *only* QSOs with this IOTA are displayed in the multipliers wnd (F10). Tnx MM0BQI.
- IOTA contest : If an island reference is entered in the Exchange input field of the contest configuration dialog, the CW messages include it in the predefined messages. Tnx TA2RC.
- The summary file (.sum) now uses the standard CRLF newline characters. Tnx DL6RAI.
- Internal CW generator (LPT and COM outputs) : The PTT hold time is shortened. It is abt one dot long now. Tnx YT1NT.
- DXpedition HD : Dupes count added in the summary wnd, and DUPE indicator added at the end of log lines, if applicable. Tnx G4IRN.
- Bugfix : REG1TEST output log was broken.
- Bugfix : CQWW WPX M/2 : Under some conditions, the sent serial number wasn't consistant when a spot was grabbed. Tnx DL6RAI.
- Bugfix : Some english spellings fixed. Tnx G3TXF
Release information (3.11.0) (May 18, 2007)
CAUTION : New network protocol version 1.18 released - Reminder : If you use WT in a networked environment, you must have the same WT version on all machines !
- Help files : Online help now leads to the Win-Test wiki site. Every dialog and child window has its own help page. Special tnx to the wiki team M0CLW, DL6RAI, DL4NER, I2WIJ.
- VHF+ contests : Distances can be expressed in miles :
- New option to display distances in miles in all windows except the stats windows where new items were added (Miles and avg mi/QSO) to ensure compatibility and consistancy. The objectives keywords allowed for distances are now :
- Distance in km => KM DISTKM
- Avg distance in km => AVGKM KMAVG
- Distance in miles => MI DISTMI MILES
- Avg distance in miles => AVGMI MIAVG
- To avoid any confusion, the DIST and DISTANCE keywords are no more valid. A new field has also been added in the export function to get QSO distance in miles. Tnx K3LR, W9ZRX.
- Gridsquares map (Alt-L) : The current gridsquare (4-chars) is displayed even if the callsign field is empty. Tnx DK5TX.
- Interface setup dialog : The last part of the IP broadcast address can now be different from 255. Tnx SP5ELA.
- Field Day IARU Rgn 1 (RSGB) : CW and SSB legs have now different method of scoring, according to the different RSGB rules. Tnx G3TXF, GM0ELP, G3UFY and others...
- JIDX contest : 160m band added for the CW leg. Tnx F5IN.
- ARI contests : The (IS0) Medio Campidano province abbreviation changed from MD to VS. Tnx ON5GQ.
- RDXC : SH oblast renamed to YA (official abbreviation, according to the RDXC website). The WT_OBL.DAT and OBLASTS.DAT file are now updated accordingly. Tnx HA1AG.
- New option in the Options / Automatic backup dlg to notify the user when a backup is completed by a warning under the log lines.
- Markers files (.mkr extension) : If the comment includes a valid 4-char or 6-char grid square, the tooltip displays the heading and the distance to this grid square. It also displays the marker label if it is not entirely visible in the bandmap wnd.
- Bugfix : Helvetia (H26) contest : Mixed category allows only one QSO per band, whatever mode used. And Cabrillo output log in multi category now mentions the mode category (CW, SSB, or MIXED). Tnx DJ3WE and HB9CZF.
- Bugfix : Spelling and grammar mistakes in menus and dialogs. Tnx ES5TV, DL6RAI.
- Bugfix : WPX contest : Some very long and fake callsigns (like SIROCCO92, EIOLEKUIN0, WWWWWWWWWWWWW1 or such) could crash WT. Tnx ES5TV and 9A5CW.
Release information (3.10.0) (Mar 22, 2007)
- New tool : Time shifting, in the Tools menu.
- You can time shift selected Qsos by any amount of time amount in both directions. You can apply the time shift for the entire log, for the Qso entered by your own station, for Qso entered by several stns, or a range of Qsos.
- Even if this tool is more supposed to be used after a contest, to correct a wrong clock setting, each time corrections is broadcasted to the other stns of the network by default. You can disable this broadcasting to save time, if not needed.
- Note that time shifting is pretty CPU intensive and it may take a certain amount of time for large logs, because each Qso modification requires internal structures (mainly statistics) to be updated.
- Note : Hesitating and wise users are encouraged to perform a backup of their log before proceeding. Time shifting can't be cancelled while it is in progress, to avoid any log inconsistency..
- Main log window : New option in Options / Log menu to hide the QSO number column. Tnx RW3AH, SM3WMV.
- Main log and secondary radio windows : To ease reading, the received RS(T) and the received exchange are now separated by an half space wide blank area.
- Note that it is still *one unique* field. It is only a display trick.
- New feature : Band segments for bandmaps
- You can now display segments in the bandmap tab of the radio windows. Segments are defined by textual files with a .seg extension located in the Win-Test directory. You can use and display up to 10 files simultaneously, by selecting them in the Options / Data files / Segments files... menu.
- Note that, because of the available area constraints, you can't have more than 5 segments displayed per band for a given frequency.
- You can display or not the loaded segments by using the contextual menu item Display Options / Segments / Display. This setting can be different for each radio.
- The syntax of the segments files is very basic, and are very easy to create with a simple text editor like notepad.
- A segment is defined by its miniumum frequency (in kHz), its maximum frequency (in kHz) and an optional tooltip (30 chars max.). The two frequencies can be linked by an hyphen.
- Two sample files are located in the WT repository: http://download.win-test.com/files/segments/
- UsSegmentsDetailled.seg displays all band segments for every US licence type.
- UsSegments.seg displays all band segments in which all US licencees are potentially active.
- Tnx DL1MGB for inspiration.
- New feature : Markers for bandmaps.
- You can now display markers in the bandmap tab of the radio windows. Markers are defined by textual files with a .mkr extension located in the Win-Test directory. You can use and display up to 10 files simultaneously, by selecting them in the Options / Data files / Markers files... menu.
- You can display or not the loaded markers by using the contextual menu item Display Options / Markers / Display. This setting can be different for each radio.
- The syntax of the markers files is very basic, and are very easy to create with a simple text editor like notepad.
- As usual, you can double-click on a marker to set the current radio on the freq. of the marker.
- A sample file is located in WT repository: http://download.win-test.com/files/markers/
- NcdxfBeacons.mkr it displays markers for each NCDXF beacon.
- Tnx DL1MGB for inspiration.
- WPX contest : Mult wnd (Alt-M). Band selection menu item removed. It also applies for the RDAC contest. Tnx I4UFH.
- Bugfix: $TR1 and $TR2 macros were not working using the microHam MK2R interface. Fixed. Tks OH2UA.
Release information (3.9.0) (Mar 13, 2007)
- Added a tool for searching the logged exchanges which are potentially bad according to the database or to the other QSO made with the same station during the contest. Works for CQWW, ARRL DX or any contest in which there is something which apparent to a zone. It also works for the VHF contest when a gridsquare is logged. Look at this tool in menu "Tools | Check Log | Search for possible Bad Exchanges".
- Added a tool for searching N+1 for each unique logged callsign in the log. A unique callsign is considered as this as soon as it appears only one time in the log (contact only on one band and mode, and no dupe).
- N+1 can be searched against the log, the callsign database (master database) or both.
- It is possible to disable the N+1 search for the unique callsigns which are known in the callsign database. Look at this tool in menu "Tools | Check Log | Show Uniques".
- Coordinates (Long/Lat) expressed as decimal degrees added in the fields list which can be exported in text or CSV format. They are calculated from the country file used when the log was created, or the gridsquare received, if any (mostly in VHF+ contests).
- QSO time in Unix time stamp format, frequency in MHz and QSX in MHz also added in the fields list which can be exported in text or CSV format.
- RDXC : Summary wnd (Alt-S) : Dupe column added for mixed category, and consistency check between the mixed category and a monomode category:
- QSO column : Includes QSOs (even invalid ones) but not the dupes
- Dupes column : Includes dupes only
- Avg column = Total pts for the band / QSO column (see above).
- Tnx I2WIJ
- Bugfix: "$TR1" and "$TR2" commands were not working in SSB when placed at the end of a scenario. Fixed.
Release information (3.8.6) (Feb 26, 2007)
- It is now possible to use any "$MACROS" ($F1, $F2...) in the additional messages as well. Tks N1FIC.
- Child wnds positions, sizes, colors and Z-orders are saved in a "smarter way" than before. Tnx DL6RAI.
- Bugfix: Workaround: Reverting back to the old way to ESCape a voice message. This is an emergency fix, just before a major contest. Tks EI3JE and I2WIJ.
- Bugfix: The RTTY additional RTTY message (ALT-C) was producing CW. Tks DL1IAO.
- Bugfix: When Keyboard Mode (ALT-K) is initiated during an F-key message ALT-K will not accept any more input when the type ahead buffer got empty (i.e. when typing too slow). Fixed. Tks DL1IAO.
- Bugfix: When pressing INS in an empty log line, no serial number is sent. Fixed. Tks DL1IAO.
- Bugfix : WPX RTTY : 160m band removed. Tnx F5CQ.
- Bugfix : WPX RTTY : Scoring updated. Tnx F5CQ.
- Bugfix : WPX RTTY : Serial numbering for M/2 category is now compliant with the rules : One numbering sequence per transmitter.
Release information (3.8.4) (Feb 8, 2007)
- New shortcuts introduced in [Spots wnd (Alt-A)] and in [radio Bandmap] --Tnx DL4NER, W9ZRX @ K3LR and G3OZF.
- Ctrl + Dbl click on a spot deletes this spot (no warning)
- Alt + Dbl click on a spot loads the sub VFO (if applicable)
- Edited spots are now considered as op-entered and are transmitted across the network. Tnx DL6RAI.
- Check partial window contextual menu items regarding the 2-char options re-labelled to improve the user interface. Tnx DL6RAI.
- Data entered in the contest settings dialog are now trimmed. Tnx W9ZRX @ K3LR.
- The CW Narrow Filter is now set on the IC-765. Tks DK4YJ & K8BB. Done also for the IC-756. Tks F5VIH/SV3SJ.
- Bugfix: Frequency was not read correctly on a FT-1000 when inserting a spot in the bandmap. The Split mode was not working either. Fixed. Tks N8TR.
- Bugfix: DK4YJ reported that sending mode information to his IC-765 always changes the filter bandwidth to 2.4 KHz in CW. For this reason, ALT+F4 now changes the mode of the radio only when necessary. Tks DK4YJ.
- Bugfix: With the "Independent speed" option in WinKey ticked, using ++ or -- in the message was changing speed to the paddle speed. Tks VE2FU.
- Bugfix: the * key used to switch radios in SO2R caused an Icom radio that is being switched to always activate the VFO-A as default. Fixed. Tks K8BB.
- Bugfix: Station names containing a space in the first position of the string was misordered in the "Send GAB" window. Fixed. Tnx W9ZRX @ K3LR.
- Bugfix: Tentec Omni VI support is now based on the Generic Icom settings. Tks K7SV, DK4YJ and F6IFY.
- Bugfix: Entering Split on any Icom radios was always setting the mode to SSB, regardless of the current mode. Fixed. Tks K3LR.
- Bugfix: Protocol issue with either the FT-2000 or the FTDX-9000, grabbing a callsign from the bandmap was activating the split on the radio. Tks F8CIL, G4IRN.
Release information (3.8.0) (Jan 18, 2007)
- Radio wnd / Bandmap tab : New CQ and QSY cursors to display the last CQ freq and the QSY freq of the band. These cursors can be displayed or not, according to the contextual menu settings (Display options).
- NAQP contest : When entering a NA QSO, WT now ensures all field are filled. Tnx K8BB.
- Summary columns re-order for:
- the ARRL DX to BAND/QSO/MULTS/DXCC/DUPES
- the CQWW DX to BAND/QSO/CQ/DXCC/DUPES/POINTS/AVG
- which is the usually used order. Tks K3LR.
- MicroHAM MK2R SO2R Protocol is now fully supported. To enable it:
- in microHAM USB Device Router, check "microHAM SO2R protocol on COM port" in the "SO2R" tab. You can also specify "SO2R protocol controled" for RADIO 1 and/or RADIO 2 in the "ACC" tab if you want to let Win-Test control the ACC outputs to switch the antennas.
- in Win-Test, select "MicroHAM MK2R" on the COM port the USB Device Router is attached to for SO2R control. As it is a virtual COM port, the COM port configuration (bauds, parity...) has no effect: you can choose anything.
- The new macro $MK2R=<cmd> has been added in order to send any protocol to the MK2R from a scenario. This can be usefull to set a specific audio configuration which is not a standard R1R1, R1R2 or R2R2. For example, $MK2R=FRD100000010000 will configure the headphones audio to "Left=RADIO1,MAIN VFO and Right=Radio1,SUB VFO". Please report to the SO2R protocol specification of the MK2R to get details on the FRDxxxxxxxxxx command as well as on other ones.
- Note that WinKey and PTT/CW events of the Win-Test integrated keyers are not handled by the protocol. It means that if you want to use Win-Key or the WT integrated keyers you must configure them separately. The PTT/CW signals can share the COM port used for the SO2R control. WinKey will require a different COM port in any case.
- In RTTY Configuration Window: Added two options:
- MMTTY window stays on top: when enable, the MMTTY window will be always visible
- Only show FFT spectrum, waterfall and XY scope: when enable, the MMTTY window is minimized, and does not show the Menu nor the Command Buttons.
- Added a new "RTTY" entry in menu "Options" to allow modifying the standard and additionnal messages. Also allowed to access the messages entry in the menu "Command".
- Bugfix: Internal keyer + Winkey. Tks G3SJJ.
- Bugfix: the "Copy-Paste the previous QSO" function is now available only when the cursor is on the last line of the log. Tks DL6RAI.
- Bugfix: TXing in RTTY was not canceled anymore pressing the ESC Key. Fixed. Tks F2JD.
- Bugfix: Focus problem with MMTTY is fixed. Tks DL6RAI.
- Bugfix: using a SO2R interface based on LPT port, in a message like "$F1 $TR2 $MSG1", the $TR2 macro had no effect. Fixed. Tks S51TA.
- Bugfix: Using WinKey, the CW speed of the paddle was changing under certain circumstances. Fixed. Tks DJ3WE and G3SJJ.
- Bugfix : NAQP contest : Under some circumstances, the SPC field was cleared while editing the QSO. Tnx K8BB.
- Bugfix : PACC contest : From PA side, working PA stns gave credit for province. Now, it only gives credit for PA DXCC country. Tnx PC2A.
Release information (3.7.0) (Dec 1, 2006)
3.7.0 introduces station profiles to help users who are frequently changing of callsigns / address etc... and an integrated file fixer for corrupted data files.
- The "Goto QSO" command now checks if the QSO where we want to move from is valid. It also validates that QSO before moving.
- Bandmap properties : You can now set two different lifetimes for DX cluster spots and op-entered callsigns. The maximum DX cluster spots lifetime is 60 minutes, and the op-entered spots lifetime is 120 minutes. Tnx ES5TV.
- Main log wnd : Any entered Q by a MULT stn which is not a mult is tagged with an "!!!!" indicator.
- Radio wnds : The last used tab is saved as default for further reloading or new log creation. Tnx ES5TV.
- Stats wnd : The last used tab is saved as default for further reloading or new log creation.
- The QSX freq of a cross-band spot is now ignored. Tnx DL4NER.
- Corrupted files can now be fixed once an error is detected while loading. The original file is saved with an "_err" suffix appended to its name. CAUTION : This fix function doesn't work with corrupted data described here: http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2006-November/072424.html
- Real-time scoring informations entry fields added in the contest settings dialog : DXCC prefix, WAZ and ITU zones, State/Prov/Other. *These data are only useful for real-time scoring* and are not used for other purposes in Win-Test. They are not yet available in the SUMMARY network frames (to come). Tnx 5B4WN/G0WWW.
- The initial CW speed for new files can now be set by using the Options | CW | Initial speed... menu item; Tnx I2WIJ.
- You can now record 5 different station infos (callsign, name, address, etc.) presets (also called station profiles) in the contest settings dialog.
- Bugfix: packet cluster window content was lost after any change in the "Interface Configuration" window. Fixed.
- Bugfix: with the "Spot entered or sent by the operator, Log Fields are cleared" activated, sending a spot for the QSO logged above was clearing the line on the screen. Fixed. BTW, WT now takes the last QSO logged on the current station (if any) rather than the last QSO logged on any station of the network.
- Bugfix: REPEAT mode was not working with WinKey, nor the TX LED in the secondary radio window. Fixed. Tks F5JSD.
- Bugfix : When grabbing a spot, the N+1 and checkPartial wnds were not updated. Tnx DL4NER.
- Bugfix : The default "+" CW message wasn't including a trailing space after the $CORRECT variable. This error leaded to a bad implementation of the $CORRECT variable, and an extra space was inserted if the default message wasn't used. Tnx PA2A, DL4NER and others.
Release information (3.6.2) (Nov 23, 2006)
- Bugfix: in SO2R, repeat mode was not interrupted by a transmition on the secondary radio when using the SHIFT key. Fixed. Tks CT1ILT (CT6A).
- Bugfix: entering a callsign in the bandmap with an SO2R setup using two FT-1000D/MP/MK5 or two FT-100 or two FT-900 was in certain conditions inserting the entry into the wrong bandmap. Tks CT1BOH (CT3NT), CU2/OH2UA.
Release information (3.6.1) (Nov 21, 2006)
- Bugfix: Double click on the WTB file was broken. Fixed. Tks I2WIJ.
- Bugfix: In SO2R Advanced Mode, when the secondary radio was bound with CAPS LOCK, automatic CQ was always stopping as soon as the operator pressed any key. Fixed. Tks CT1ILT (6Y3T, CT6A).
Release information (3.6.0) (Nov 20, 2006)
CAUTION : New network protocol version 1.17 released - Reminder : If you use WT in a networked environment, you must have the same WT version on all machines !
- Added command line arguments:
- wt.exe [--alternative-ini|-i <inifile>] [WTB file to load] Tks DL6RAI.
- Added a "Polling Rate" option in the Interface Configuration Windows. Note that it is not exactly the Polling Rate which is defined here, but the delay before polling the radio again after the previous sequence is done. This delay is not so accurate with every radio. Check by yourself to see what is the value which best fits your needs!
- SteppIR controler is now supported with an Y cable. Special thanks to G3BJ.
- Main window : Extra large font added. Tnx W2RU.
- New graphics in the rate wnd (Alt-R) : Instant continents distribution. Uses the same moving parameters as the instant rates chart. Tnx CT1BOH.
- Rate wnd (Alt-R) : New options to display or hide non-essential sections of this wnd.
- New text commands QSX and NOQSX (equivalent to SPLIT and NOSPLIT).
- New text command REMAPKEYS (equivalent to DEFINEKEYS)
- Partner wnd : New real-time feature to display the callsign field of the partner(s) log(s) while he (she) is entering a callsign. See the contextual menu of this window. A runner can have up to three different support partners. To grab the first real-time slot, use Alt-Space. In all cases, you can also double-click on any callsign of this window. Tnx K3LR
- DX cluster (Alt-A) and radio wnds : A "*" indicator is displayed before the spot callsign when there is a QSX for this spot. Tnx K3LR.
- Send spot dlg (Alt-F3) : The log fields clearing after a spot has been sent is applied the same way as the self-entered spots (see the bandmaps properties contextual menu dialog).
- Score sending : "Send now!" menu item added in the summary contextual menu. It is enabled only if the score sending is enabled.
- Commands | Station type : The settings can now be sticked to the computer. If so, it will be used for any newly created logs. Tnx K3LR.
- Stats wnd (Ctrl-F9) : DXPed : Stats period extended to 4 days.
- DXPed HF and VHF+ logs : The ADIF export includes the info field in the NOTES ADIF field. Tnx FY1FL.
- Status wnd (Alt-J) : The list can now be sorted by band and by stations names if several stations are on the same band.
- Bugfix : Most of the VHF+ contests didn't have a final score line in the summary window (Alt-S), which prevented any real-time score posting. Tnx F5LEN.
- Bugfix : Alt-F4 set the radio in split (even if it originally wasn't) and a QSX freq in the nirvana ! Tnx DL6RAI, DL4NER and others.
- Bugfix: FT-1000MP in SO2R mode: in Split Mode, swaping radios was inverting TX and RX frequencies on the FT-1000MP/Mk5. Tks EA5BY and F5CWU.
- Bugfix: Could not enter a QSO to the bandmap from 2nd radio window. Everytime a callsign was typed to 2nd radio window and CTRL-Enter was pressed, the QSO was set in main radio band map to the exact QRG of the main radio. Fixed. Tks OH2UA.
- Bugfix: Using WinKey, the $CORRECT variable was sending the logged callsign in every case, even if the callsign was not changed by the operator. Tks G3BJ (G5W).
- Bugfix: the selection of the active Sound Card when more than one is available was broken. Fixed.
- Bugfix: a short delay might be introduced when ESCaping (stopping) a recorded message played by the Internal Voice Keyer. Tks K3LR.
- Bugfix: stereo signal was not working on LPT port Pin 5. Fixed. Tks 5B4WN/G0WWW & GM0GAV.
Release information (3.5.0) (Oct 22, 2006)
CAUTION : New network protocol version 1.16 released - Reminder : If you use WT in a networked environment, you must have the same WT version on all machines !
- Added CTRL+S as a shortcut for the menu "Commands | Swap the frequency on both radios". Tks EA5FV & co.
- CheckPartial and N+1 SCP files : If a DEFAULT.SCP or DEFAULT.DTA is in the WT directory, it will be used as default file for partial and N+1 checks instead of contest-specific default file. Tnx ES5TV.
- When a log is opened in a networked environment, the date of the first QSO must match the others logs date with 20 days tolerance. If not, a warning is issued and the network and the sync are disabled by default on this machine. You can override this behaviour if you really know what you're doing!
- NRAU Activity Contest (NAC) : 50 and 70 MHz added. Tnx SM3PZG.
- TXT and CSV file exports : New fields added : Date (DD-Mmm-YYYY), date (DD-Mmm-YY), Freq in Hz, QSX in kHz and Hz.
- Bugfix : RELOAD'ing a file was disabling the integrated keyer (Phone or CW) and could lead to a major crash under some particular circumstances.
- Bugfix : NRAU Activity Contest (NAC) : Bonus points per new gridsquare are now considered in the score. Tnx DL1OJ.
- Bugfix : NRAU Activity Contest (NAC) : The spacebar now loops the cursor between callsign, received RST and gridquare fields. Tnx DL1OJ.
- Bugfix : MMTTY windows were closing themself after 10s. Fixed. Tks everybody! :)
Release information (3.4.5) (Oct. 8, 2006)
- Added two "Intelligent Quick Qsl" Macros: $QQSLT and $QQSLC. When used, these macros send two different confirmation messages, one a short QSL message (like TU or EE) and one long QSL message (like TU F5MZN).
- A timer ($QQSLT macro) or a counter ($QQSLC macro) are associated with these macros to determine if either a short or a long QSL message is to be transmitted.
- That way you can send a most of the time a short QSL message to confirm the QSO in a pileup, sending your full callsign automatically every minute or 5 QSO only.
- You can adapt the counter or timer values as well as the short and long messages in the "Intelligent Quick QSL" configuration window, from the Tools menu.
- You can use the $QQSLC and $QQSLT macros either in the CW/RTTY Messages or in the advanced SO2R scenarios. It is also possible to use the feature in SSB (SO1R and SO2R not avanced) but this needs a specific configuration in the SSB tab of "Intelligent Quick QSL" configuration window.
- Caps Lock can now be used to bind the keyboard to the Secondary Radio Window. This can be enabled or disabled in the Operating menu. Tks SM3WMV.
- Signal "Headphones Control" (called "RX Focus" in the MK2R microHam SO2R interface) is now available on LPT, pin 4. This signal allows to control which radio you want to listen in the Headphones. Must be enabled in the LPT Configuration Window. Low = RADIO 1, High = RADIO 2.
- Signal "Headphones Control" and "Stereo RX Audio" are now available on either DTR or RTS pins of any serial COM ports. That way, the MK2R microHam SO2R interface can be fully controlled through a single USB cable.
- Microham MK2R interface is now supported in SO2R Advanced mode.
- QSY wizard wnd : Ensure that HamCAP is alive and that the chart tab is in the one selected in the Options | HamCAP | Tab menu. If not, the label "Disabled" is displayed in the window. Tnx SM3WMV.
- Worldmap window : New option to display only the terminator of the greyline. If chosen, a small sun symbol also is displayed on the map.
- Secondary radio wnd : When a binding key is used (see Operating menu), the color background of the QSO area is changed. Tnx F6IFY
- Secondary radio wnd : Complete color management, similar to the other child wnds.
- Check Partial files : WT now accepts the master.dta (CT format) or master.scp (textual) files as default check partial files for the HF contests. Note that the scp format is a bit quicker to load than the dta format.
- Ctrl-W in the sent report or exchange fields now resets this field to the default 59 or 599 report (depending on the mode). Tnx LX1NO.
- To enhance the CT compatibility, Ctrl-K now deletes the content of the current field, from the cursor position to the end of the field. It also works for the secondary radio with the Shift key, if this option is engaged in the Operating menu.
- Register dialog : The light-headed licencees can now enter their account customer number to recall it when needed.
- New options to start and stop locally wtDxTelnet in the Options / DX cluster menu. wtDxTelnet *must* be installed in the same directory as WT (which is its default installation directory).
- Macros added in the Packet Dlg window (Alt-T). To edit a macro button Shift-Click on it. Note that the Conn and Bye btns are still disabled for now. This should be improved in the future.
- Numerous new labelling and graphics elements resizing to accomodate with the German language version. Tnx DL6RAI.
- Split freq dlg (Minus key) : The entered freq is checked against the current band. Tnx W9ZRX.
- CheckPartial files : If a general contest-specific file is loaded, no band, mode or band/mode default file is loaded.
- ON Contest 80m, 6m and 2m added. Tnx F5IN.
- Bugfix : UBA Spring contests : Small inconstancies in the UBA sections list. Tnx F5IN.
- Bugfix : CQWW RTTY : The guessed zone from a previous entered Q was not filled if using the spacebar guessing. Tnx DJ1OJ and DL6RAI.
- Bugfix : Packet Dlg wnd (Alt-T) : SH/WWV and SH/WCY were sharing the same accelerator key (Alt-W). Now, SH/WCY uses Alt-Y.
- Bugfix : Under some conditions, WWV announcements coming from DXNet packet clusters were not always considered.
- Bugfix : The taskbar was flashing if the Packet Dlg (Alt-T) was in foreground, and a private gab was received.
- Bugfix : The WCY and WWV text commands were closing the solar activity wnd if it was opened, instead of changing data source.
- Bugfix : Packet Dlg (Alt-T). Even when using the macros and shortcuts buttons, the focus is now always set to the entry field.
- Bugfix : CQWW RTTY : When changing band by Alt-F1/F2, the states/provinces window was not updated. Tnx DL6RAI @ DQ4W.
- Bugfix : CQWW RTTY : Under some conditions, the zone and the state/province fields weren't updated after grab. Tnx DL6RAI @ DQ4W.
- Bugfix: Sending a spot with ALT+F3 with split activated was not transmitting the RX frequency correctly. Fixed. Tks W9ZRX & K3LR.
- Bugfix: CTRL + ENTER in split mode fixed. Tks W9ZRX & K3LR.
Release information (3.3.5) (Sep 20, 2006)
CAUTION : New network protocol version 1.15 released - Reminder : If you use WT in a networked environment, you must have the same WT version on all machines !
- Added support for the Yaesu FTDX-9000 radio. Tks VE6SH, OM7ZZ.
- Added support for the Yaesu FT-2000 radio.
- Added support for the Yaesu FT-857. Tks M0CRY.
- Icom radios: CI-V mode is back again as an option (you can now decide if you want to poll the radio or use the CI-V mode). This option is available in the "Interface configuration" window. Tks W9ZRX, K3LR.
- Programming an Icom radio is now more reliable (a check is done to ensure that the radio got the protocol) and more faster. Tks W9ZRX, K3LR.
- New option to start (resp. stop) wtDxTelnet when WT is started (resp. stopped) automatically in the Options / DX cluster menu. wtDxTelnet *must* be installed in the same directory as WT (which is its default installation directory).
- New RESTART text command, to (guess what ?) restart Win-Test.
- QSX are now parsed from the packet stream and are handled in the bandmaps and the DX cluster spots wnd (Alt-A). The split freq is also handled when spots are entered by the op with Ctrl-Enter (or Ctrl-J). Tnx K3LR.
- CQWW Contest : RTTY leg implemented. This implementation is not totally complete but is fully usable to take part in the competition. It will be improved later, especially when the new databases designs (including multi-field guessing) will be implemented.
- Child wnds : Font size : New menu items added to get larger and smaller font by one point, and a new "Other..." item to set a non-listed font size. Tnx W9ZRX @ K3LR.
- CheckPartial and N + 1 files can now be different of the "database" DTB file associated with the contest.
- WT now accept SCP (stands Super Check Partial) plain text files (one callsign per line - no ordering required), DTA CT files and DTB files for compatibility.
- The preferred format is SCP (plain text).
- Furthermore, WT now also accepts specialised CheckPartial files by band and by mode for a given contest. This improves log accurancy and QSO rates.
- Please, read: http://download.win-test.com/files/checkPartial/#_READ_ME_#.TXT for more informations.
- CheckPartial (F8) and N+1 (F12) wnds : New contextual menu item to list the used files for the searches.
- WAE Contest : EU Side : The new multiplier warning now claims "New multiplier" instead of "New prefix". The multiplier indicator in the bandmap status has also been changed from C (Country) to M (Mult). Tnx DL1MGB.
- Bugfix : SAC contest : In M/M category only, the serial numbering is different for each band. Tnx SM6DYK.
- Bugfix : SAC contest : The CW variable $SERIAL wasn't included in the default messages. Tnx I2WIJ and F5IN.
- Bugfix : Internal CW keyer : If a message was interrupted by ESC while a burst was sent, the speed didn't revert to the original speed. Tnx OH2UA, OH1JT and F6IFY.
- Bugfix: IC-7800 was not controlled as expected. Fixed. Tks W9ZRX, K3LR.
- Bugfix: under CW autosending mode, pressing ESC was disabling this feature in any case which was not always wished. From now,pressing ESC will disable autosending mode as soon as the key in not pressed when the radio is transmitting or if the caret is not in the callsign field. Tks ES5TV, UA6AA.
Release information (3.2.0) (Aug 30, 2006)
- CIS contest : Adapted to the new rules 2006 (bands : 160m to 10m). The Contests of the month faeture is also updated. Tnx F5IN.
- RDA Contest : Cursor positioning after exchange guessing modified, depending on the guessed region or district and the callsign. Tnx HA1AG, UA6AA.
- TOEC contest : It is now held in September instead of August. Thus, the "Contests of the month" checkbox feature is updated. Tnx F5IN.
- CheckPartial (F12) and N+1 (F8) windows :
New option in the contextual menu to limit searches to the available space of these windows. It is only useful for very slow configurations : For a given callsign, once the window is filled, no more search is performed, even if the window is resized.
By default, this option is disabled, meaning that if more matching callsigns are available (because [+n] is displayed), you can now display them by enlarging these windows on the fly.
- New network protocol advanced settings dlg in the interface settings dlg.
CAUTION: Modifications of the default settings must be considered with an extreme attention. It is reserved for very particular configurations or purposes, mainly used by expert users. You're on your own!
- We offer some preset example configurations :
- Silent time master : Can be used if the computer is used to *only* distribute an accurate clock. It will not appear in the status wnd of the other networked computers, but it will be listed in an INVENTORY command. Note that NO QSO will be recorded on (and sent from) this machine with this preset.
- Silent backup : Can be used if the computer is *only* used for this purpose : It will not appear in the status window of the other networked computers, but will be listed in a INVENTORY command.
- Packet sharing : Can be used if different stations are networked with different callsigns, do not want a common log, but want to share a commun packet stream. Can be used for several single-ops stations for example.
- Silent log rebuilding : Can be used if you need to rebuild from scratch a complete log from networked stations, without appearing in the status wnd of the other networked computers, but will be listed in a INVENTORY command.
- User interface : You can now drag any child wnd (except the RTTY windows) by using the Ctrl key (held down) and left-click anywhere in the wnd. It avoids to click strictly in the title bar region.
- New feature : Flexible and powerful bandplans management. See (among others) the Options / Bandplans menu item.
- Partner wnd : You can now enter data from the secondary radio wnd. Tnx OH4JFN.
- Partner wnd : New "No band/mode filtering" contextual option added. Might be useful in some unusual cases.
- New options in the integrated voice keyer settings to mute or not the microphone input.
Reminder : These settings can be modified on the fly with thefollowing text commands :
- MIC : Enables the mic input when the VK is not playing
- NOMIC : Mutes the mic input when the VK is not playing (*)
- MICWHENPLAY : Enables the mic input when the VK is playing
- NOMICWHENPLAY : Mutes the mic input when the VK is playing (*)
- (*) Default settings.
- Band changes Alt-F1/F2 : WT is now compliant with WL and CT :
ALT-F1 Next lower band 20 -> 40 -> 80 -> 160 -> 10 -> 15 -> 20
ALT-F2 Next higher band 20 -> 15 -> 10 -> 160 -> 80 -> 40 -> 20
"Lower" means "Lower frequency"... The menu item labels, and the toolbar tooltips are consistent with this behaviour. Tnx I2WIJ, DL4NER, F6BEE.
- New Options / Windows / Default opened windows feature. This dialog allows you to select the default windows which are opened when a new contest log is created.
- Check partial wnd (F12) and N+1 (F8) wnd : A double click on a callsign inserts it in the callsign field. Tnx F6IRF.
- New extra informations window (Alt-X => Stands for eXtra). This window displays data included in .xdt (eXtra DaTa) files. These files are textual and have a very basic "Callsign Data" syntax.
The # TITLE directive is used to display a title in the wnd.
You can set up to 10 default extra data files by a new menu (Options / Data files / Default data files). : These files will be opened with every log. They must be located in the WT installation directory.
You can also add log-specific extra data files by using the "Extra files..." item in the contextual menu of this wnd.There is no limitation to the location and the number of these log-specific files.
Some usages of this new feature :
- VHFers can have a database of stations QRV on such or such band, to ask for a QSY.
- Operators names
- List of WT users ;-)
- This feature is tailored to deal with few thousands of callsigns only. Don't try it with millions of lines !
- If you modify an .xdt file while it is in use, you must reload it by using the "Reload files" item menu.
- The # VARIABLE directive allows you to sent the extra information in a CW message by using a variable name. The variable name *must* begin with the $ character.
- Example : # VARIABLE $OPNAME will substitute the $OPNAME string in the CW messages with the extra info included in this file, if the sent callsign has matching data.
- CAUTION : The variable subsitution only works with the internal CW keyer for now.
- To enhance CT compatibility, Alt-F5 saves the current mode and freq as the Run freq/mode. It means you can use this command to "store" these data without using the F1 key.
- ADIF export : If a power level is set in the contest setup dialog, this string is exported in the TX_PWR field of every QSO record. Tnx W4TME.
- ADIF export : New option to include the contest name in the NOTES field of every QSO. Tnx W4TME.
- Cabrillo export : New option to exclude modes in the Cabrillo file. Tnx TM0HQ.
- Bugfix : CheckPartial wnd (F12) : In some cases, the result list was wrong if the pattern started or ended with a question mark.
- Bugfix : N+1 wnd (F8) : If the wnd width was smaller than one resultcell, WT crashed. Tnx DJ3WE.
- Bugfix : CheckPartial wnd (F12) : In some cases, the result list was truncated, although there was more available empty space.
- Bugfix : Some frequency fields (especially in dialogs) didn't accept the dot character.
- Bugfix : Partner wnd : Ctrl-# (exchange current callsign with line #) was crashing partner WTs.
- Bugfix : WAEDC : After entering the keyboard mode while the QTC window was opened (Alt-L), WT was crashing on the first keypress Tnx DL1MGB.
- Bugfix : Internal CW keyer : Speed modifications by Alt-F9/F10 during the +/- "bursts" *should* work now. Tnx OH2UA, OH4JFN, F5VIH and others.
- Bugfix : Check country wnd (F10) : The geographical and timezone exceptions included in the CTY_WT_MOD.DAT weren't used in the WAE, RGSB 15/10 and PACC contests. Tnx F5IN.
- Bugfix : After entering a freq, and hitting Alt-Up, the keyer sent the freq instead of the callsign ! Tnx F6BEE.
Release information (3.1.0) (Jul 27, 2006)
- CAUTION : New network protocol version 1.14 released. Reminder : If you use WT in a networked environment, you must have the same protocol version on all machines !
- Reverse mult check (Shift-F10) : If the mults are mode-dependent, (IOTA contest, ARRL 10 for ex.) worked stations are ordered by band and mode.
- Check mult wnd (F10) : When automatic update is engaged, any modification in the received exchange field updates this wnd accordingly. Tnx OH4JFN.
- Check mult wnd (F10) : New CQWW DX display policy for all displayed bands. Tnx OH4JFN.
- The exact callsign is searched
- If not found, the same country with the same zone is searched
- If not found, the same country whatever zone is searched
- In all cases a zone indicator is also displayed :
- 'Z' means the current zone is already worked in the current country.
- 'z' means the current zone is already worked in another country.
- Contest settings dlg : New button to help filling the exchange field.
- COM properties dlg : New button to set default settings depending on the COM port usage. Must be tested in the real world !
- New Tools / Data entry / Remap slash to portable in VHF+ and FD option. This only works for callsign field in the log, for all VHF+ (DXPed included) and Field Day contests.
- Automatic and on-demand backups (Options / Automatic backup) : You can now get one different timestamped file per backup. Tnx DL5MLO @ DA0HQ.
- Backups : If a backup fails, you are asked if you want to disable the next automatic backups, if any.
- Partner wnd : When a QSO is entered, or got from the network, the logged callsign is checked against the content of the partner wnd, and accordingly removed from it. Tnx DL1MGB & DL6RAI @ DA0HQ.
- Partner wnd : When automatic exchange guessing is enabled, any grabbed callsign from the partner wnd is checked and exchange field is filled accordingly. The check partial and N+1 windows are now also updated. Tnx DL1MGB & DL6RAI @ DA0HQ.
- Sked wnd (Alt-B) : Pops up for a hot sked only if the main WT window is not iconic, to avoid visual annoyance.
- Commands / Remote command menu item added. Only enabled if there are several stns on the network.
- Remote command dlg : You can now also locally apply the entered command.
- Send gab dialog (Alt-G) : If the text starts with "/me", it is replaced with the station name, and the text is emphasized with leading and trailing star character (*), a la IRC.
- Status Wnd (Alt-J) : You can now enable (or disable) logging a summary of the network activity. Might be useful for network basic troubleshootings. This log uses the .ntk (stands for NeTworK) file extension.
- Bugfix : Under some circumstances, when a sync was in progress, multipliers tables were totally messed up ! Tnx TM0HQ and DA0HQ
- Bugfix : Automatic backup dlg : Setting the backup file path was disabling the automatic backup. Tnx DL5MLO @ DA0HQ.
- Bugfix : Merge progress bar title was corrupted. It now displays the master file name.
- Bugfix : If clocks were not in sync, the offtime timer could display negative time ! Tnx TM0HQ.
- Bugfix : INV (or INVENTORY) command : All networked stations were getting back the status, although only the sender was supposed to.
- Bugfix : Sked wnd (Alt-B) : Under some circumstances, the scrollbar was not initialized as expected.
Release information (3.0.0) (Jun 22, 2006)
- RTTY support : Based on the MMTTY package (which must be installed separately), the 2-radios RTTY windows now allow you to take part in the RTTY contests with the same user experience as CW and Phone contests.
- Windows colors customization : Every color in the child windows can now be modified and saved on-the-fly. It means you instantaneously see the window aspect as you modify colors. No "try and see", nor numerous "apply" ! Of course, you can always revert to the factory settings if needed for one or all colors of the considered window.
- Log synchronization : Based on a peer-to-peer model, opened logs can be synchronized between all stations on-the-fly, without need of a central server. If new stations come in the network during a contest, their logs are automatically updated. Of course, you still can run and enter QSOs even if the sync is in progress.
- Partner window : Very useful in multi-op environment, if you have 2 ops (or more) listening the same frequency : The partner(s) can easily help his runner by entering callsigns (or part of callsigns) he heards.
- Remote commands : In a networked environment, you can send text commands to one, several or all connected stations. Every sent command is acknowledged in the Gab window.
- New log binary file format : The v2 binary format of the log files was no more adapted to add new major enhancements. Thus, we decided to expand it to allow more data per recorded QSO. The conversion to this new format is fully automatic. WT 3 will automatically convert your v2 logs to the v3 format, and save the original v2 file with the wt2 extension (mylog.wt2) if you want. This allows you to re-open this file with a WT 2 - just in case !