Release Notes V3
From Win-Test Wiki
Revision as of 08:51, 13 April 2007 by RulJk6
Release information (3.10.0) (Mar 22, 2007)
- New tool : Time shifting, in the Tools menu.
- You can time shift selected Qsos by any amount of time amount in both directions. You can apply the time shift for the entire log, for the Qso entered by your own station, for Qso entered by several stns, or a range of Qsos.
- Even if this tool is more supposed to be used after a contest, to correct a wrong clock setting, each time corrections is broadcasted to the other stns of the network by default. You can disable this broadcasting to save time, if not needed.
- Note that time shifting is pretty CPU intensive and it may take a certain amount of time for large logs, because each Qso modification requires internal structures (mainly statistics) to be updated.
- Note : Hesitating and wise users are encouraged to perform a backup of their log before proceeding. Time shifting can't be cancelled while it is in progress, to avoid any log inconsistency..
- Main log window : New option in Options / Log menu to hide the QSO number column. Tnx RW3AH, SM3WMV.
- Main log and secondary radio windows : To ease reading, the received RS(T) and the received exchange are now separated by an half space wide blank area.
- Note that it is still *one unique* field. It is only a display trick.
- New feature : Band segments for bandmaps
- You can now display segments in the bandmap tab of the radio windows. Segments are defined by textual files with a .seg extension located in the Win-Test directory. You can use and display up to 10 files simultaneously, by selecting them in the Options / Data files / Segments files... menu.
- Note that, because of the available area constraints, you can't have more than 5 segments displayed per band for a given frequency.
- You can display or not the loaded segments by using the contextual menu item Display Options / Segments / Display. This setting can be different for each radio.
- The syntax of the segments files is very basic, and are very easy to create with a simple text editor like notepad.
- A segment is defined by its miniumum frequency (in kHz), its maximum frequency (in kHz) and an optional tooltip (30 chars max.). The two frequencies can be linked by an hyphen.
- Two sample files are located in the WT repository: http://download.win-test.com/files/segments/
- UsSegmentsDetailled.seg displays all band segments for every US licence type.
- UsSegments.seg displays all band segments in which all US licencees are potentially active.
- Tnx DL1MGB for inspiration.
- New feature : Markers for bandmaps.
- You can now display markers in the bandmap tab of the radio windows. Markers are defined by textual files with a .mkr extension located in the Win-Test directory. You can use and display up to 10 files simultaneously, by selecting them in the Options / Data files / Markers files... menu.
- You can display or not the loaded markers by using the contextual menu item Display Options / Markers / Display. This setting can be different for each radio.
- The syntax of the markers files is very basic, and are very easy to create with a simple text editor like notepad.
- As usual, you can double-click on a marker to set the current radio on the freq. of the marker.
- A sample file is located in WT repository: http://download.win-test.com/files/markers/
- NcdxfBeacons.mkr it displays markers for each NCDXF beacon.
- Tnx DL1MGB for inspiration.
- WPX contest : Mult wnd (Alt-M). Band selection menu item removed. It also applies for the RDAC contest. Tnx I4UFH.
- Bugfix: $TR1 and $TR2 macros were not working using the microHam MK2R interface. Fixed. Tks OH2UA.
Release information (3.9.0) (Mar 13, 2007)
- Added a tool for searching the logged exchanges which are potentially bad according to the database or to the other QSO made with the same station during the contest. Works for CQWW, ARRL DX or any contest in which there is something which apparent to a zone. It also works for the VHF contest when a gridsquare is logged. Look at this tool in menu "Tools | Check Log | Search for possible Bad Exchanges".
- Added a tool for searching N 1 for each unique logged callsign in the log. A unique callsign is considered as this as soon as it appears only one time in the log (contact only on one band and mode, and no dupe).
- N 1 can be searched against the log, the callsign database (master database) or both.
- It is possible to disable the N 1 search for the unique callsigns which are known in the callsign database. Look at this tool in menu "Tools | Check Log | Show Uniques".
- Coordinates (Long/Lat) expressed as decimal degrees added in the fields list which can be exported in text or CSV format. They are calculated from the country file used when the log was created, or the gridsquare received, if any (mostly in VHF contests).
- QSO time in Unix time stamp format, frequency in MHz and QSX in MHz also added in the fields list which can be exported in text or CSV format.
- RDXC : Summary wnd (Alt-S) : Dupe column added for mixed category, and consistency check between the mixed category and a monomode category:
- QSO column : Includes QSOs (even invalid ones) but not the dupes
- Dupes column : Includes dupes only
- Avg column = Total pts for the band / QSO column (see above).
- Tnx I2WIJ
- Bugfix: "$TR1" and "$TR2" commands were not working in SSB when placed at the end of a scenario. Fixed.
Release information (3.8.6) (Feb 26, 2007)
- It is now possible to use any "$MACROS" ($F1, $F2...) in the additional messages as well. Tks N1FIC.
- Child wnds positions, sizes, colors and Z-orders are saved in a "smarter way" than before. Tnx DL6RAI.
- Bugfix: Workaround: Reverting back to the old way to ESCape a voice message. This is an emergency fix, just before a major contest. Tks EI3JE and I2WIJ.
- Bugfix: The RTTY additional RTTY message (ALT-C) was producing CW. Tks DL1IAO.
- Bugfix: When Keyboard Mode (ALT-K) is initiated during an F-key message ALT-K will not accept any more input when the type ahead buffer got empty (i.e. when typing too slow). Fixed. Tks DL1IAO.
- Bugfix: When pressing INS in an empty log line, no serial number is sent. Fixed. Tks DL1IAO.
- Bugfix : WPX RTTY : 160m band removed. Tnx F5CQ.
- Bugfix : WPX RTTY : Scoring updated. Tnx F5CQ.
- Bugfix : WPX RTTY : Serial numbering for M/2 category is now compliant with the rules : One numbering sequence per transmitter.
Release information (3.8.4) (Feb 8, 2007)
- New shortcuts introduced in [Spots wnd (Alt-A)] and in [radio Bandmap] --Tnx DL4NER, W9ZRX @ K3LR and G3OZF.
- Ctrl Dbl click on a spot deletes this spot (no warning)
- Alt Dbl click on a spot loads the sub VFO (if applicable)
- Edited spots are now considered as op-entered and are transmitted across the network. Tnx DL6RAI.
- Check partial window contextual menu items regarding the 2-char options re-labelled to improve the user interface. Tnx DL6RAI.
- Data entered in the contest settings dialog are now trimmed. Tnx W9ZRX @ K3LR.
- The CW Narrow Filter is now set on the IC-765. Tks DK4YJ