Release Notes V3
From Win-Test Wiki
Revision as of 08:47, 28 July 2006 by DL4NER
Release information (3.1.0)
- CAUTION : New network protocol version 1.14 released. Reminder : If you use WT in a networked environment, you must have the same protocol version on all machines !
- Reverse mult check (Shift-F10) : If the mults are mode-dependent, (IOTA contest, ARRL 10 for ex.) worked stations are ordered by band and mode.
- Check mult wnd (F10) : When automatic update is engaged, any modification in the received exchange field updates this wnd accordingly. Tnx OH4JFN.
- Check mult wnd (F10) : New CQWW DX display policy for all displayed bands. Tnx OH4JFN.
- The exact callsign is searched
- If not found, the same country with the same zone is searched
- If not found, the same country whatever zone is searched
- In all cases a zone indicator is also displayed :
- 'Z' means the current zone is already worked in the current country.
- 'z' means the current zone is already worked in another country.
- Contest settings dlg : New button to help filling the exchange field.
- COM properties dlg : New button to set default settings depending on the COM port usage. Must be tested in the real world !
- New Tools / Data entry / Remap slash to portable in VHF+ and FD option. This only works for callsign field in the log, for all VHF+ (DXPed included) and Field Day contests.
- Automatic and on-demand backups (Options / Automatic backup) : You can now get one different timestamped file per backup. Tnx DL5MLO @ DA0HQ.
- Backups : If a backup fails, you are asked if you want to disable the next automatic backups, if any.
- Partner wnd : When a QSO is entered, or got from the network, the logged callsign is checked against the content of the partner wnd, and accordingly removed from it. Tnx DL1MGB & DL6RAI @ DA0HQ.
- Partner wnd : When automatic exchange guessing is enabled, any grabbed callsign from the partner wnd is checked and exchange field is filled accordingly. The check partial and N+1 windows are now also updated. Tnx DL1MGB & DL6RAI @ DA0HQ.
- Sked wnd (Alt-B) : Pops up for a hot sked only if the main WT window is not iconic, to avoid visual annoyance.
- Commands / Remote command menu item added. Only enabled if there are several stns on the network.
- Remote command dlg : You can now also locally apply the entered command.
- Send gab dialog (Alt-G) : If the text starts with "/me", it is replaced with the station name, and the text is emphasized with leading and trailing star character (*), a la IRC.
- Status Wnd (Alt-J) : You can now enable (or disable) logging a summary of the network activity. Might be useful for network basic troubleshootings. This log uses the .ntk (stands for NeTworK) file extension.
- Bugfix : Under some circonstances, when a sync was in progress, multipliers tables were totally messed up ! Tnx TM0HQ and DA0HQ
- Bugfix : Automatic backup dlg : Setting the backup file path was disabling the automatic backup. Tnx DL5MLO @ DA0HQ.
- Bugfix : Merge progress bar title was corrupted. It now displays the master file name.
- Bugfix : If clocks were not in sync, the offtime timer could display negative time ! Tnx TM0HQ.
- Bugfix : INV (or INVENTORY) command : All networked stations were getting back the status, although only the sender was supposed to.
- Bugfix : Sked wnd (Alt-B) : Under some circonstances, the scrollbar was not initialized as expected.