Difference between revisions of "BestPractice9"
(Created page with "===Setting up the KX3 for CW Operation=== HB9AMO describes on his personal web page] how to interface Win-Test and the Elecraft KX3 using only the KXUSB cable between the two...")
Latest revision as of 15:40, 22 May 2020
Setting up the KX3 for CW Operation
HB9AMO describes on his personal web page] how to interface Win-Test and the Elecraft KX3 using only the KXUSB cable between the two devices, enabling to send CAT commands and pre-recorded CW messages with the F1 to F7 keys.
These are the basic points:
- Get an FTDI driver for your Windows system
- Set the radio's RS-232 parameters to 38400 baud
- Configure the KX3 in Win-Test on COM3
- COM3 will also be used to make the radio send CW. For this the N6TV K3 scripts need to be installed.
- Setup CW messages F1..F7 using #PLAY("CQ CQ DE HB9AMO...") type messages
A detailed discription can be found here: http://www.hb9amo.net/wt-kx3.php.